Sci-Fi as a la carte for box owners?

T2k

The Raw Nerve
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
Park Slope, NYC
I own my equipment, so I'm subscribing to Mega Movie + HD pack and the Voom channels only on Dish. Is there any way to get Sci-Fi and Comedy channels without paying for some completely useless package?

Nope. To put it shortly: The company that owns those channels wants to peddle all their other crap so they force dish to carry all their other junk along with the good stuff.

In the good old days when E* first started they had a way to get a small package of 10-20 basic channels of your choice (with some restrictions) but it did not last long. I think it was called Dish Pix or something like that.

Sci Fi Channel will not allow itself to be sold unless it is part of the lowest tier on the system. The system also has to carry USA Network or SciFi channel will not be available to the system.

Comedy Central will not allow itself to be sold on any system unless it is on the most basic tier package available. This channel is owned by Viacomm and they will not sell Comedy Central by itself. Systems must also carry some or all of the following channels each with similar basic tier conditions: Nick, Nick Toons, Noggin, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, CNN, CNN Headline, TNN, Spike, TV Land. I'm sure I missed one or two here.

See ya
Tony

I see, thanks for the answers. My problem is the cxheapest package is $3x per month and frankly, nothing else is interesting for me, so paying $3x extra only for these two channels would be ridiculous, I think.

I had Dish Pix 5 years ago and it included Sci-FI. It was a great option, cost something like $17 for your choice of 15 channels out of a list of 20 & included a couple of movie channels like AMC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts