Sci-Fi / USA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sdoradus

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Looks like both Sci-Fi and USA have tonight joined Spike and others in leaving analog C-band. Getting to be a bit painful.

SD

Hello

Indeed the leaving of USA is sad. I was still watching it last night. I supposed it stopped around midnight. I read that NPS will re-uplink it but it will never be the same quality.

I will miss it.

I think time is coming slowly where I will get rid of the dsr 922 and put a vbox to control the big dish.

Labgate

One minor bit of good news. Spike will be coming back in analog soon. Sci-fi and USA are history though. :(

One minor bit of good news. Spike will be coming back in analog soon. Sci-fi and USA are history though. :(

To bad NBC did not want to work out a deal to get the distribution feeds on G-15, the picture quality on that mux is great, USA and Sci-fi will be in the NPS reuplinks, I do know you can get Sci-fi from SRL off of HITS, NPS will have 2 transponders on G3 soon, so we will see what happends.

I read that Cartoon Network is also leaving soon. It has been on G1-8 for as long as I can remember.

Claims to be leaving at the end of June. I can remember watching it on G1-8 when I was 10, over 14 yrs ago. I still watch G1-8 now...Robot Chicken is just too funny.

Hmm, I can still remember the 5 HBO's on G3 and T2!! Used to watch those when I was 10 also.

SciFi anywhere on BUD?

I gather that SciFi has left G5-18, but has it re-appeared anywhere else, either C or KU, analog or Digital?

I searched G3 tonight and didn't see anything.

Will the 4DTV guide page get updated when NPS puts new channels up, or do they take awhile to get that done?

Right now Im only aware that SRL has it on x4 (ku) with NPS suggesting they will have it soon (whatever that really means). There is a master feed (on g1 I believe) but that is not available to regular subscribers.

Last edited:
SRL subscriptions...

Right now Im only aware that SRL has it on x4 (ku) with NPS suggesting they will have it soon (whatever that really means). There is a master feed (on g1 I believe) but that is not available to regular subscribers.

I am not familiar with SRL. Do they offer monthly subscriptions? Anybody have a link, or know their rates?

I am not familiar with SRL. Do they offer monthly subscriptions? Anybody have a link, or know their rates?

SRL, Programming Center is an interesting operation. They offer SRL's side and Skyvision's side (they sell programming for Skyvision too) You can order from both sides and mix and match stuff. Right now Skyvision's side is offering Sci-Fi on X4 for $11.69 for 3 months. SRL's side is charging $12.99

I use both sides for my channels and have some with NPS also. So my subs are split up 3 ways. Does DSS or cable offer choice like that? NOT!

NPS says they will have scifi on x4 available at the latest by tuesday. Although I would agree that having multiple sources is really the best way to go having limited resources in retirement doesn't really allow me to split up what few subs i have left on an alacarte basis.

I have a dsr 920 already located at the supposedly GB the only channel ntsc i have located from what i think it is GB it is channel 20 and can see abc wild feed but no dc signal so i can get usa network...by the way just buyed this used dsr920 and its not suscribed yet do i have to in order to get the channel map? the weird thing about this is that usae is already mapped on gb but i cant get the dc light on. also how should i name G13 if not in my satellite map?just want to make sure i can get signal from this satellites before paying for the package.
thanks.

I am NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to this, but I'm pretty sure that GB is the second satellite over from the ABC wild feed one. I spent a lot of time on Friday hunting GB down and got the ABC wild feed of "General Hospital" around 4:00 EDT. The next satellite down was the University Network (Dr. Gene Scott). The NEXT one down is GB. All very scientific, with lots of information as to the degrees, etc...NOT. I had to just keep clicking until I found it. Good luck! Since you are not far from it, you should not take as long as I did.
:)

Just wanted to add: the picture quality is extremely good. I'm really tired from watching hours and hours of Law & Order, LOL.

I have a dsr 920 already located at the supposedly GB the only channel ntsc i have located from what i think it is GB it is channel 20 and can see abc wild feed but no dc signal so i can get usa network...by the way just buyed this used dsr920 and its not suscribed yet do i have to in order to get the channel map? the weird thing about this is that usae is already mapped on gb but i cant get the dc light on. also how should i name G13 if not in my satellite map?just want to make sure i can get signal from this satellites before paying for the package.
thanks.
Your DSR 920 should show USA Network on GB-590. If it's not in the 920 on GB #590, then you need to go to G1 #3 and do unplug/reboot to get the Map correct. Then you may have to get a re-hit from your provider.
G13 is G9 in your DSR 920. Hope this helps!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)