Scientific Atlanta digital satellite receiver D9235 w/remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bob J

Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Hello;

I am a senior citizen (aka old fart) who is considering buying a scientific atlanta digital satellite receiver model # D9235. The seller, State of Oregon Surplus, can only verify that it is fully functional. They could not provide any specs.

Is this receiver an FTA unit? I plan to use it in my motorhome with a satellite dish. The factory roof antenna gets ZILCH for reception. I am totally green to these satellite setups even though I have a DishNetwork system in my home.

Will I be able to hook this puppy up without any additional equipment? How many channels should I expect to receive? Will they be "everyone" rated channels since we take the grandkids camping with us? This receiver does have a remote...maybe it is programmable like our home dish setup?

I hope someone out there will be able to help with my questions. Thanks for this opportunity, and have a Blessed day!

Good question. Even if it did not I wounder if there are any open Power Vu channels up there?

I wounder if Ice knows?

Bob J said:
Hello;

I am a senior citizen (aka old fart) who is considering buying a scientific atlanta digital satellite receiver model # D9235. The seller, State of Oregon Surplus, can only verify that it is fully functional. They could not provide any specs.

Is this receiver an FTA unit? I plan to use it in my motorhome with a satellite dish. The factory roof antenna gets ZILCH for reception. I am totally green to these satellite setups even though I have a DishNetwork system in my home.

Will I be able to hook this puppy up without any additional equipment? How many channels should I expect to receive? Will they be "everyone" rated channels since we take the grandkids camping with us? This receiver does have a remote...maybe it is programmable like our home dish setup?

I hope someone out there will be able to help with my questions. Thanks for this opportunity, and have a Blessed day!

Bob,

You might want to check into a regular FTA system for a motorhome. They have some that are retractable and fit on the roof. There are also stand alone systems that can be set up on a portable mount. There is almost no "X" rated type material on FTA so the grandkids are safe. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)