Scored a 10 Foot Dish & A Drake ESR-944I Receiver!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
I have a guy here about 20 miles away with a 10 foot black mesh dish and a Drake ESR-944I old analog receiver with manuals and remote. He jus wants it gone out of the yard and wants $15 dollars for the whole setup.

Not seeing the dish yet on how to disassemble something this big is there any special way to take it apart for transporting the thing (half the dish to fit in a truck). Any suggestions or do or don’ts on getting one from A to B? I know it will be nice to dig up the ground mount also or “take everything” so to speak. I am not sure on what make of dish it is yet for I call the dude back in the morning and will go look at it. Camera will go with me so I will keep you posted.

Sounds like a task but I think for the price and distance I have to go to get it will be well worth it! Just want the dish anyway I think the receiver would be useless unless there is a FTA use for it. This will go great with the GEOSATpro C2 LNBF from SatelliteAV Group buy I got in on next month! I don’t know yet if it is motorized or not so I will do an update later! Kevin

Last edited:
Shouldn't be too hard to do, though a 10' is a bit much to wrangle alone. Most of them just bolt to the mounting ring with a few bolts. Take the motor loose, dish-end first, then lower the dish to the west so it's lower to the ground. Easier to work on. Then take off the motor end of the actuator. Then I'd go for the lnb/feedhorn support, if its the 4-leg type, lightens the work a bit. Usually there's just a few bolts holding the dish to the mounting ring, remove those starting at the lowest side, then the highest, then just lean the dish forward and it can be taken off (with caution-they're hard to manuever alone). The petals of the dish are just bolted together, and should fit in a reg pickup truck bed. The mount will lift off once you loosen the cap bolts. That is the heavy part.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)