Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I was driving to get something in the very northern tip of Virginia and spotted this PrimeStar plus a BUD.

Stopped and asked about both - - - they said take the PrimeStar but they would have to check about the Big Dish.

I love the looks of this thing - - - it has barnicles and mold on it. Still got the PrimeStar label. Measures 35 1/2 X 26 1/2 No cover on the LNB but that should be easy enough to fix.

Thinking of replacing my DirecPC dish that I have motorized and making this larger dish the motorized one.

I guess for best receiption I should leave the barnicles on. :p

Here are some PIX.

Attachments

• PrimeStar-09JAN10-2.JPG
    PrimeStar-09JAN10-2.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 454
  • PrimeStar-LNB-09JAN10.JPG
    PrimeStar-LNB-09JAN10.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 415
  • PrimeStar-ChannelMaster.JPG
    PrimeStar-ChannelMaster.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 318
  • PrimeStar-Mount.JPG
    PrimeStar-Mount.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 304
very nice :)

You might want to clean the dish but otherwise it will work great. Its the 75e model which is 37x27.

congrats on the find :)

Very nice, 'n good price, too!

Wonder how one of those plastic pot-scrubbers would work?
The ones that sort of look like 1/8 or 1/4 inch open loops?
Not the Scotch-Brite - those are reserved for more serious problems and they scratch metal!
But the plastic loops are safe on Teflon pots, so I don't think they'd hurt the dish.

Of course, if you come up with something to sponge on that'll remove your crud without elbow grease, do tell. - :up

Took you advise

Wonder how one of those plastic pot-scrubbers would work?
The ones that sort of look like 1/8 or 1/4 inch open loops?
Not the Scotch-Brite - those are reserved for more serious problems and they scratch metal!
But the plastic loops are safe on Teflon pots, so I don't think they'd hurt the dish.

Of course, if you come up with something to sponge on that'll remove your crud without elbow grease, do tell. - :up

The dish of course was not covered with barnicles but lichen.

I used a soft brush like you use to clean hub caps with some soap and hot water. Took a good half hour to clean it off.

Here is the after picture.

Attachments

• PrimeStar-Washed-2.JPG
    PrimeStar-Washed-2.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 361
I found one of these Primestars a while ago and do not have it set up yet. Should I get a different LNB for it or will the stock one work for FTA?

I found one of these Primestars a while ago and do not have it set up yet. Should I get a different LNB for it or will the stock one work for FTA?

The stock LNBF will work fine. A lot of the P* LNBFs have separate H and V outputs, if yours is like that you will need a switch to combine the polarities on a single coax to your receiver.

Another question about this dish

I looked at many pictures today of the 75E - Primestar dish.

One of my other dishes is a DirecPC which is slightly smaller and has the Hughes LNB as shown. Notice it has a clear piece of plastic over the front of the LNB.

I notice on my LNB which has both V and H connections it has NO clear plastic piece over the LNB. (See picture).

Is it supposed to have a cover - - - or did it when it was new?

Attachments

• Hughes-LNB.jpg
    Hughes-LNB.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 211
  • PrimeStar-LNB-09JAN10.JPG
    PrimeStar-LNB-09JAN10.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 166
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts