Scott Interviews Vivek after CES Event

Generally when a customer does an upgrade they are required to send the old equipment back to dish in the empty boxes they ship you.

The installer is not to take them.

That's the way it has worked for retailers but the RSP's and company techs have usually taken away the old equipment. I guess that's gonna change.

Yes, when it's a self-install (just swapping receivers). I've done that many times. In this case though, a tech visit is pretty much required (for 90+ % of customers).

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

You'll probably have the normal 30 day limit to return the old hopper, but this gives you the opportunity to transfer your stuff.

With 2 TB USB 3.0 drives selling for less than $90 on Amazon, if you have recordings on your 722 or Hopper 1/2 and are thinking of upgrading to the Hopper 3, I'd start transferring stuff now. I've cleaned most of my recordings off of my 722k so I'm ready to be in line to get one!

I have a guy at work who doesn't need a Hopper and 16 tuners, but the new Wally with EHD & Netflix would be perfect for him!

Vivek is a great guy. He's contacted me before and I've met with him at Team Summit. Very personable and he makes it well known that he appreciates the satelliteguys community. He knows that if there are flaws in a receiver that we will let them know.
I strongly believe he's an active participant on here under a pseudonym (as most everyone here is).

He replies under his own last name. :). Great to have Vivek as part of our family here at SatelliteGuys.
It's things like this that will keep me in the Dish family (past Dish customer looking to come back, currently with Sling), having members of staff (Dirt) & a senior executive on here to serve & see how better to serve their customers. That & the progressive moves they continue to do to give their customers value for money.

I just hope they can do something with Tmobile to offer some sort of Internet Service option, another progressive company that continues to give more value for money to it's customers.

This release (when it happens) appears to me to be the most thought out one ever for DISH from what the receiver apparently can do, to the Hopper Go, to having the installer leave the old unit so you can transfer programs. I hope the software is as well thought out so there will be minimal bugs, and if so it all sounds like a home run for DISH with the Hopper 3. Just think, the VIP series puts some Cable boxes still being installed to this day to shame, the Hopper 3 sounds like it is in another universe from other providers.

Just think, the VIP series puts some Cable boxes still being installed to this day to shame, the Hopper 3 sounds like it is in another universe from other providers

Amen. When I go to my parents apartment, they still have the local pudunk cable company for TV. Their DVR and Regular HD receivers still use the same exact UI that they did in 1999. They have had the same UI now for 17 years. Think about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts