Scott - What's your feeling on the 921 OTA Guide

I'm not Scott, but it's already been going on 14 months. If I were a betting man (well, I guess I was. I returned my 921).

There will be some tweeks made to it, however there will be no more major changes to the 921 platform. While others may tell you that the 921 is not dead, I will say that in terms of major improvements and enhancements the 921 is indeed dead.

From what I gather, it just doesn't work, so instead the 921 copies the information from your subscribed E*-provided local channels.

Whats wrong? :)

Ok the OTA listings are only available IF you subscribe to your locals package. (If you can get the locals OTA why would you want to pay for them)? $5 a month for local channels listed in the guide and if Dish does not carry your local city then you get no local listings.

Local listings shown are wrong for all subchannels.

For example we have a PBS here which has 5 subcarriers. All 5 channels show different things around the clock, however in the guide it shows.

058-01 Teletubbies
058-02 Teletubbies
058-03 Teletubbies
058-04 Teletubbies
058-05 Teletubbies

I never know whats on the sub channels.

And in my area some channels change their sub channels depending on if they are broadcasting in HD or not. Because of this I can not set my 921 to record certain shows because of this.

Thats some of whats wrong with the guide.

Let's not forget the reliability issue

My 921 used to work great. So long, that is, as I never, ever tried to use OTA. Then it was the single most unreliable electronics device I can remember in recent history. Lockups galore, audio dropouts, missed recordings, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)