Scott's C-Band Dish install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
YABBA
DABBA
F'N
DO!!!!!!
IT'S WORKING!!!!!

It is pouring out here in Connecticut, I don't mean rain, I mean its coming down in buckets...

But that didn't stop me from getting home, getting out of my truck, going inside, getting my Superbuddy meter.. putting it in a plastic bag and a screw driver and heading back outside into the pourng rain putting up the ladder and climbing up to change the skew of the LNB.

Imagine that when I turned it to Galaxy 11 on the superbuddy and started turning the LNB I got SIGNAL!

On 3820/V/30000 I got a signal level of 84% and Signal Quality of 68%
When I got that high (High enough I knew it would lock) I clicked the 22switch on the SuperBuddy, and was getting super strong KU reception as well, with signal reading just as high as on the C Band side!

YABBA DABBA DO!

At the moment I am using my Fortec Mercury II box...

I am going to switch over to the AZBOX in a bit. The only thing missing on the AZBOX is Blind scan, if it had that it would be the ultimate box. :)

I thought about slaving the two but at the moment am deciding against it.

I am VERY happy at the moment. Time to go see what other birds I can pull in. :D

Thanks everyone!!

Last edited:
YABBA

DABBA
F'N
DO!!!!!!
IT'S WORKING!!!!!

It is pouring out here in Connecticut, I don't mean rain, I mean its coming down in buckets...

But that didn't stop me from getting home, getting out of my truck, going inside, getting my Superbuddy meter.. putting it in a plastic bag and a screw driver and heading back outside into the pourng rain putting up the ladder and climbing up to change the skew of the LNB.

Imagine that when I turned it to Galaxy 11 on the superbuddy and started turning the LNB I got SIGNAL!

On 3820/V/30000 I got a signal level of 84% and Signal Quality of 68%

When I got that high (High enough I knew it would lock) I clicked the 22switch on the SuperBuddy, and was getting super strong KU reception as well, with signal reading just as high as on the C Band side!

YABBA DABBA DO!

At the moment I am using my Fortec Mercury II box...

I am going to switch over to the AZBOX in a bit. The only thing missing on the AZBOX is Blind scan, if it had that it would be the ultimate box. :)

I thought about slaving the two but at the moment am deciding against it.

I am VERY happy at the moment. Time to go see what other birds I can pull in. :D

Thanks everyone!!

You should have asked me to track it for KU then it would fall in on cband will do it on the deep dish

We don't include the tree branch with the GEOSATpro 2.4M installation assembly parts. What is the purpose of the stick in this most bizzare photo?

If you must use wood, I would suggest oak or a well oiled teak..... LOL!!!!

Here are pictures of the dish as of this morning.

Notice the actuator arm that Gary fixed. :)

We don't include the tree branch with the GEOSATpro 2.4M installation assembly parts. What is the purpose of the stick in this most bizzare photo?

If you must use wood, I would suggest oak or a well oiled teak..... LOL!!!!

Oh that...

We were checking to see if the dish was still holding its shape after being mounted. That stick had string attached to it and went over the top to the bottom of the dish. We then took another string and went from side to side in the middle. We were still dead on.

Forgot to remove the stick and string. :D

OK have been playing with things. Some nice hidden feeds up there. ;)

So far I am able to get from 91 degrees to 131 degrees on C Band. I think the LNB still needs a little more tweaking as most quality is around 50% and I know it could be higher. It was pouring outside so I wanted to twist the LNB and get in the house as quickly as possible.

I picked up a few HD signals such as TBN HD and QVC HD.

While I was able to lock on the transponder for HDNet I was unable to scan in HDNet. Lyngsat seems to indicate that its in the clear.

So far so good. :D

Attachments

• hd1.jpg
    hd1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 180
  • hd2.jpg
    hd2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 182
While I was able to lock on the transponder for HDNet I was unable to scan in HDNet. Lyngsat seems to indicate that its in the clear.

My NuesatHD box doesn't scan in HDNET either. Unless it's actually "in the clear".
Then it finds the channels no problem. It's really strange. But i have no idea why it misses those feeds when they are encrypted.

My NuesatHD box doesn't scan in HDNET either. Unless it's actually "in the clear".
Then it finds the channels no problem. It's really strange. But i have no idea why it misses those feeds when they are encrypted.

Sometimes the stations hide the blind scan info when encrypted. I've seen this before.

yep. I can think of another example

The Alaska mux on AMC7 (137W) that has 360North on it also has the Anchorage locals for the cable company there (GCI). When you scan the transponder one of two things happens depending on the receiver
-it logs in 360North only...doesnt log in the other channels
-it might log them but the pids are null (8191)...Coolsat 8000 does that

I've noticed on the other ones that do that (if its in the clear it logs the channel but if its scrambled it wont log the channel) is that the encryption is COMPEL...wonder if thats why?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)