Scott's General Assembly Thoughts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just canceled my appointment for the Hopper/Joey install due to my sudden realization that I will lose my ability to manually record my favorite radio shows on Sirius channels and TV shows on OTA sub-channels that don't have programming data.

This is a MAJOR DOWNGRADE from the 722 receiver.

I understand the manual record function was removed from the 922 and that's the code Hopper is based on. However, I think it's a major mistake to remove that feature. I guess I'll be stuck with the 722 receiver forever :(

When I had my 625 I set up my recordings from the guide.

When I had my 622 I set up my recordings from the guide.

When I had my 722k/wMT2 I set up my recordings from the guide.

Now I have my 922/wMT2 I set up my recordings from the guide.

Never used Dish Pass/manual timers.

It may have been an observation by DISH engineers that subscribers were setting up their recordings from the guide all the time so,therefore the elimination of the manual timers became a reality?.Just a guess.:confused:

Manual timer needs are rare, but when they are needed, nothing can replace them.

For instance, when a network shows a marathon of a particular show, it is better to manual timer that block of time than setting up a guide timer for the individual shows or Dish Pass. That way only one tuner is used, and there are no "hard cuts".

Also, anyone who hasn't used Dish Pass (Seek and Record) isn't doing it right. ;)

Manual timer needs are rare, but when they are needed, nothing can replace them.

For instance, when a network shows a marathon of a particular show, it is better to manual timer that block of time than setting up a guide timer for the individual shows or Dish Pass. That way only one tuner is used, and there are no "hard cuts".

Also, anyone who hasn't used Dish Pass (Seek and Record) isn't doing it right. ;)

That may be true,but I have not missed a recording yet.:)

That may be true,but I have not missed a recording yet.:)
I had a long-running timer (not Dish Pass) miss an episode because of a scheduled time change for that show. It showed up as "Skipped: Incorrect Event" or something. From then on I've used Dish Pass timers only, so when a show changes times, or days, or even networks, I still get them.

<----- excited to see why they put 2 ethernets on the hopper. maybe we should be expecting another credit card machine like in the past?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)