Scott's Pick for Best of Show

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well after yesterdays highly disapointing showing from BOTH satellite companies today I walked the floor looking at various things, yeah we had HD DVD, Blu Ray, some new TV sets etc, but nothing COOL.

I am always looking for COOL new products for SatelliteGuys members and I found one on the floor of the CES show... well kinda.... it wasn't actually on display on the floor but instead hidden in a meeting room on the CES floor. I only knew it was there because I got an email about this product a few weeks ago. SatelliteGuys was then given one of the first looks at the "hava"

Whats a "hava"?

Best answer... A SLINGBOX ON STEROIDS.

For more details and pictures please CLICK HERE

First off its WIRELESS, using 802.11g.
It streams video up to 15Mbps
Its HD Compatable (1080i, 720p 480p/576p)

And unlike the Slingbox it has full DVR features built into the software.
Plus you can watch TV on multiple PC's at the SAME TIME!

Also if you have a Microsoft Windows Media Center PC the Hava tricks the MCE system into thinking that the hava is a TV tuner on your MCE PC! When you have this setup you can then even stream video (including HD) to your XBOX 360!

About the only downfall I have seen was that there is currently no Windows Mobile Version of the hava software available which would allow you to watch your hava on your cell phone or pda, however I am told there will soon be a beta version of the Windows Mobile software which will fill in this missing item.

For more details, and pictures (plus a special discount offer) CLICK HERE
This is ONE COOL PRODUCT.

Last edited:
This sounds AWESOME!!!!

Any word on a potential release date?

Sounds great! That's why I come to this site. I can't research the cool stuff myself, but I know that anything really cool will eventually show up here. Thanks for this great info!

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had high speed internet. I'd be afraid that a product like this would not be on the market long. Also couldnt Microsoft or someone else release updates to prevent such a device from working any longer?

Thanks for the report Scott.

Internet is working again (Yippie!! I can't wait to get home the internet here in Las Vegas stinks)

Here are some pictures of the HAVA.

I should have a demo unit soon and after what I saw today I am very excited about the Hava.

I am also excited to announce that I have received permission from the Snappy Multimedia folks to extend a CES special to all SatelliteGuys members.

The special is as follows.

Get a HAVA Wireless HD ($249 MSRP) for only $199 (A $50 Savings)

or a HAVA Pro HD ($199 MSRP) for $149 (A $50 Savings)

By using the code CES50 when you check out from their online store.

In addition you can also get the basic HAVA Gold HD ($129 MSRP) for only $99 by using the code CES30 at checkout.

These codes are valid until January 14th. The address to order one is http://www.snappymultimedia.com/estore

I have always been a fan of the Slingbox (I own 3 of them) but this goes so far beyond what a Slingbox can do, that I feel this is one item worth passing along to our members, as once again we want to help you get more out of your satellite setups. :)

Attachments

• hava1.jpg
    hava1.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 720
  • hava2.jpg
    hava2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 760
  • hava3.jpg
    hava3.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 637
  • hava4.jpg
    hava4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 610
  • hava5.jpg
    hava5.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 566
  • hava6.jpg
    hava6.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 624
  • hava7.jpg
    hava7.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 607
Wow! I must admit this looks much better than my Slingbox Classic. Perhaps with the Special CES Price I just may Hava to pick one up...

My only concern after reviewing the setup and player guides is the device and remote control support...is there a list of currently supported devices?

Last edited:
Scott,

one final question. can you take the HD video from HD STB and send it another HDTV using the wireless feature? Is this correct or it just sends it to a pc?

Very Nice! I am suprised broadcasters don't have these guys and slingbox in court. This seems like a whole new level of account sharing. I am gonna need to order one of these. Thanks for the codes Scott!

Make sure you look at their support forum on their site. There are some complaints about how you remotely connect to it, picture quality, some network/wireless/wired glitches, etc. Still sounds like a great product and I got $200 to burn, so I am going to get one, but make sure you are aware of the issues that others are reporting before you make your decision...

Make sure you look at their support forum on their site. There are some complaints about how you remotely connect to it, picture quality, some network/wireless/wired glitches, etc. Still sounds like a great product and I got $200 to burn, so I am going to get one, but make sure you are aware of the issues that others are reporting before you make your decision...

Reading the forum certainly made me think twice about purchasing it. I don't need the wireless one, so I would only be spending $150. Ill decide in the next couple of days. It bothers me that they don't have a WM5 client yet and they stated they will probably never have a Mac client I'm considering switching to a Mac with my next PC purchase).

I should note that I "believe" that this is a newer version then others have, I say this because I asked about a Demo unit last week and was told they were waiting for them to come in, and then yesterday they said that they were excited that they arrived on Friday, just in time to demo it here at CES.

If you do decide to hold off (I don't blame you) I will see if we can get a special SatelliteGuys discount for after I get my review unit then you can decide from there.

They didn't have HD in the booth so I did not see a HD demo, but from what I saw it was quite exciting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)