Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well earlier today I posted that I wish that Dish would pick up Cinemax HD since soon they will be showing all 6 Star Wars movies in High Defintion.

Just for laughs I went to the Dish Network Website and looked at the HD Programming, something struck me as odd...

Here take a look...

iwish1.jpg

Notice which strange? There is a lot of blank space after Food HD.

So I put on my magic wishing cap, and said "Mecka lecka high, mecka hiney ho" 3 times. And poof...

My wish came true...

iwish2.jpg

Ok I admit it. saying the old magic wish chant from Pee Wees Playhouse didn't work, but my photo editing software did. Yes I added INHD and Cinemax HD in there myself, but it fits in there nicely.

What do you think?

Why do you think they have such a big blank space there? :)

Last edited:
Your wish is a good one - and your photoshop skills are equaly good. InHD and CineMaxHD would bring us to 32 HD channels; all 4 premium movie chanels in HD, and a nice all-around package, making my HD Platinum bill easier to deal with every month!

I'll keep fingers crossed for that empty space to be filled up soon!

Well, didn't that earlier picture have the "Learn about our programming Packages" blurb in the spot that FoodHD was in. It was taking the place that three logos could have gone. I think the easiet way for them to add FoodHd was just to move that down to the bottom left. I think it was just the speed of the creation of the new graphic that facilitated that empty space.

#1 The NHL Network has yet to be launched
#2 there is no HD version of it

You will however continue to get OLN (now Versus) games next season as well as have HD games available in the Centre Ice package and local HD RSNs

Well my detective work took me to a dead end, HBO runs a special website for Dish Network dealers and on that Website they are now showing Cinemax HD as one of the services.

I found a contact for HBO who works with Dish Network and this is the reply I got...
Hey Scott!
How I wish I could say yes.....
We are currently in contract negotiations with DISH and I am hoping they will put MAX in HD in the line up but unfortunately at this moment the answer is no......

So there you have it, start those emails flowing I am sure Eric will love getting them. :D

They sure need to give the subscribers their money's worth when it comes to HD. They had better be adding LOTS more HD channels and keep it at the same pricepoint. If they don't then somebody else will. Once all the channels are in HD then they cannot get a premium for them anymore, it will be the norm. standard service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts