Screen Captures of the VOD channels D* is testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would say VOD will be to the mases within 2 months. Nothing to back this up, D* official word is 4th quarter.

The testing I have done on it has been very smooth with no issues. I would just like to see them grow the content to something simply shocking when a first time user turns to channel 1000 or higher.

VOD for me!!! Engineering charge showed up and now channel 1000. Thank goodness. Now time to play!! Thanks to all for helping me keep the faith.

My first impressions.

Positives
Easy to use.
Blends in nicely into the whole DVR experience
Doesnt take long to download something and start watching it
Queue management is nicely done
Download speed is ok on my Comcast 10 mbps download network

Needs Improvement

More content, more content, more content. Its coming so not worried about it
Need more HD content. If its to happen, they sure need to improve download speeds
Kids programming weak
I would like to see more emphasis on network TV shows over Movies. Just me but I really want this to be a great backup tool for missing a show or for not starting a series and deciding to join in later.

So overall, great start. Its here, looks cool and it can only get better. Nice job Directv.

It's nice that you can start watching a show before the download completes, but how does it handle the situation where you catch-up with the downloading process.

Even if you've got a great connection, the servers themselves might have limitations.

Does it pause, and indicate that it's waiting for more content?

It's nice that you can start watching a show before the download completes, but how does it handle the situation where you catch-up with the downloading process.

Even if you've got a great connection, the servers themselves might have limitations.

Does it pause, and indicate that it's waiting for more content?

It pauses, and pops up a dialog box that says something to the effect of "Please wait while your content downloads" and you are required to press the Select button (on highlighted OK) to continue.

OK - two new channels showed up today:

E! and Style.

Neither are available on my HR20 yet.

THe TBS channel is now available.

Oh, and the AT&T ad channel is now gone :)

Here are pictures of the latest channels added that are available:

Attachments

• Capture032.jpg
    Capture032.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Capture033.jpg
    Capture033.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Capture034.jpg
    Capture034.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Capture035.jpg
    Capture035.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Capture036.jpg
    Capture036.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Capture037.jpg
    Capture037.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 175
Any word on what the VOD service will cost? I am currently with Verizon Fios but am thinking of switching back to Directv when all the new HD channels launch. Verizon includes VOD for free if you subscribe to the channel, I am hoping Directv does the same thing.

Any word on what the VOD service will cost? I am currently with Verizon Fios but am thinking of switching back to Directv when all the new HD channels launch. Verizon includes VOD for free if you subscribe to the channel, I am hoping Directv does the same thing.

Some stuff will be free and some like regular PPV. Some like Starz will come for free if you subscribe to Starz.

OK, maybe its just me, but doesn't it bother anyone that you still have to have/pay additionally for an ISP?

I guess I'm disappointed in that with the introduction of VOD, I was hoping to get rid of cable entirely (no high speed available in my area other than through cable, and I really hate the cable company's service).

Oh, well, you can't have everything, I guess.

mmulet

I wouldn't expect that.

VOD simply gives you another reason to have a broadband connection - and adds alot of content with unlimited potential.

Where I live we only have DSL - no cable TV or internet. VOD gives me one more resaon to pay for broadband over dialup. Although - there are alot of reasons not to use dialup :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.