Screen Delay/Movement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wiseoldram

Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
United States
Hello all,

I will try to succinctly state my issue, although I'm not sure how best to describe it. I recently got a new DirecTV setup and have 2 TV's (both use the HR24). My main TV works great and there are no issues to note. However, I bought a 2nd TV and noticed a sort of screen delay or movement. It almost looks like the movie/show that's being played is being filmed live (almost like there's an additional camera moving on top of the actual movie camera that's moving around the set).

I can definitely tell a difference between my 2 TV's so I returned the new TV (figuring it was a cheap brand and I should upgrade). I got a higher end Samsung TV and get the same exact effect. I have tireless looked through every DirecTV menu (assuming that I can safely remove the TV from the troubleshooting options) to see if there is something causing this setting. Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Is it possible it's just a bad HDMI cable? bad receiver? I'm at a loss, but the effect is rather annoying.

Also, no, I have not traded receivers to see if the 'bad' one works on the 'good' TV. I am working out of town right now and figured I'd try to ask the local experts before I got back home.

Thanks!

Sounds like you have a TV with 120Hz or higher refresh rate. This is sometimes called SmoothMotion (or something similar) or any number of other names. It is a setting on the TV, not the DTV boxes. This setting is used to smooth out sports and action/fast-moving scenes. As you mentioned, to many, it looks like the way live events or soap operas are shot. You should be able to disable it in your TV menus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)