Screen position

niteshade009

Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Indiana
Has anyone been able to get the horizontal and vertical screen position settings to do anything? Maybe Im doing something wrong but they seem to have effect no matter what I put them on. The Voom box is set to output 1080i and my tv locks into full with that input but I thought the box's position settings would be independant of that. The screen is just a little off center to the right and Id like to correct it. Its not too bad when watching something but I notice it when the menus are pulled up.

Same here. You have to adjust that on your HiDef monitor settings controls which vary according to the brand you own.

Do not bother to adjust your TV set. We are in control of the Horizontal. We are in control of the Vertical.............. Sound familiar?

My TV has no such control...........my DTV STB does,,,,,,,,but not VOOM
which really sucks

If you have a HDTV you have two such controls; one in the user menu and one in the service menu. Check your user manual.

rkr0923 said:
My TV has no such control...........my DTV STB does,,,,,,,,but not VOOM
which really sucks
The Dish 6000 receiver is one of the few HD stb's on the market that can do screen positioning and stretch modes and it took over a year of the 6000 being on the market to implement those features and to include auto scanning for OTA channels. Be patient, it will come.

My HDTV doesn't let me make any adjustments to anything in HD, only SD feeds/connections. At least that's what the manual says, I don't know of any service menu, just the standard menu which is rather blah. I guess some future patch will allow the screen position to be adjusted. My menu falls off a bit as well, but the picture comes out centered perfectly.

I just got Voom installed, the PQ is awesome but I noticed the picture is cut off on the sides a bit. For instance the "L" on the word "Livewire" on the HD news channel is partially cut off. I notice when the menu is up I can see the whole picture on the small preview screen in the upper right corner. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting I need to change on my TV?

Most likely your TV has more overscan than normal, it's not the stb. I have 4% overscan on my pj and I see things that nobody else here ever does outside of the picture area.

DarrellP said:
Most likely your TV has more overscan than normal, it's not the stb. I have 4% overscan on my pj and I see things that nobody else here ever does outside of the picture area.

Wow, it looks like it cuts off between 1/2 to 1" of screen on each side, is that normal? I have not noticed this on DVDs or my previous sat provider is this only found in 1080i or what? If so, that sucks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts