Screen size aspect ratio question

Andredarryl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Hartford
Just recently, I noticed that the aspect ratio on my television is not correct. It was ok when I first purchased the 922. But, for instance, when I watch espn, the bottom-line ticker bleeds off the screen. I checked my settings on the tv, which is 16/9 and on the dvr, too. Here's the kicker: when I change the screen size to 4/3 it still bleeds off the screen. So clearly, the issue is not on my television. I assume it is a setting on the dvr? Can anyone help? Thanks.

I'll vote for a second on scrolling through the formats. I don't know why it gets screwed up but mine does that sometime. Cycle through the formats til it gets back to normal and everything will be fine again.

I vote for cycling through the TV aspect ratio settings. My TV has TWO 16x9 settings and one 16x10 setting. The 16x10 is to display computer screens properly. The second 9x16 setting zooms the picture in very slightly to create a little overscan---just a little, to hide certain anomalies around the edges of the picture that can sometimes be distracting. If your TV may have accidentally been set to similar adjustments. Just going through the available aspect ratio sizes on the TV would take care of the issue.

Good luck,
Tony

Thanks, guys, for the responses. I will try the star key when I get home today. ... Tony, I did try cycling through the TV aspect ratio settings, and they appear to be correct. I have only one 16x9 option. But perhaps the issue is on the DVR's end. Thanks again.

The Aspect Ratio has finally been fixed. You can choose 4:3 or 16:9. Don't know why anyone who would buy a 922 would want anything BUT 16:9, but having the choice IS the correct answer.

I can't begin to tell you all how many hours of phone calls I have made to Dish Network to report this issue, and to explain to them just how simple the fix was to implement. But I guess they finally pulled their heads out of their corporate $%%'s and figured it out.

Sling-Pro HD already had what I asked for, and so implementation should have been a snap... and likely was.

Urah!

Now finally I get a picture that IS near HD quality that fills the screen, and thus far doesn't seem to overload my network.

Now if they will implement the same on Sling.com I'll really be thrilled. Sling.com doesn't ship anything out and back... so sending a high bandwidth video to another room in the same network is a lot easier.

Davd

I just logged in for the first time in a long time and noticed the "aspect ratio" issue. I had the same problem for months, tried everything that I could think of to correct it without success. Then I did a reset of my dish settings to "default"(menu 66 yes). End of problem. It's so nice to see the complete picture again.
Maynard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts