Screens?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WTguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I am planning to cut the cord and start using a streaming service. The services restrict the number of screens you can use at one time. But you can use your credentials for the service to log into the various network apps. (i.e., watchespn, etc.). Does logging into the network app count as a "screen" for the streaming service. In particular I am looking at Hulu or PSVue, possibly Sling.

I am planning to cut the cord and start using a streaming service. The services restrict the number of screens you can use at one time. But you can use your credentials for the service to log into the various network apps. (i.e., watchespn, etc.). Does logging into the network app count as a "screen" for the streaming service. In particular I am looking at Hulu or PSVue, possibly Sling.

Vue allows 5 screens at once, Hulu 2 ( put you can pay for more), Sling I believe 2 not sure, apps do not count to how many screens but you have to check if the OTT Service allows access to those apps.

I have Vue and it allows access to all of them that you subscribe to.

I'd be surprised if it did, as the network apps I am familiar with cache credential keys and only check in when they initially load to make sure your subscription is current, and not when you start watching something, but I guess you might run into one or more than do check in on each video play.

No, the network apps do not count against the number of streams that the service allows you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)