Screensaver While Paused?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cmalberto

Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
Southeast Texas
Still trying to get used to my Hopper. Watching a PT recorded show. I had to hit pause for a work phone call. Been on the phone for over an hour. Noticing my screen is still on the pause screen. Is there a screen saver that kicks in on the Hopper(or Joeys for that matter)?

Please advise to avoid screen burn in.

Thanks.

--Mickey

Still trying to get used to my Hopper. Watching a PT recorded show. I had to hit pause for a work phone call. Been on the phone for over an hour. Noticing my screen is still on the pause screen. Is there a screen saver that kicks in on the Hopper(or Joeys for that matter)?

Please advise to avoid screen burn in.

Thanks.

--Mickey

There's not but would surely be a nice touch - especially, for plasma owners. Even the various streaming devices have a screensaver.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Wow - good to know - I guess. Must mention to bride so she will be aware...

I think I have a 4hr inactivity setting set. Will that still take over if we were to walk away for that long? Maybe I need to lower just in case?

If I have to leave a program paused for any length of time, I just turn off the TV.

But you also must remember that the Dish DVR has only a 1 hour buffer, so you might also want to hit the record button so you do not loose programming if paused for more than an hour.

Wow - good to know - I guess. Must mention to bride so she will be aware...

I think I have a 4hr inactivity setting set. Will that still take over if we were to walk away for that long? Maybe I need to lower just in case?

Inactivity will turn the receiver off and flush the buffers.

If I have to leave a program paused for any length of time, I just turn off the TV.

But you also must remember that the Dish DVR has only a 1 hour buffer, so you might also want to hit the record button so you do not loose programming if paused for more than an hour.

Good advice for paused live programs, in this instance he was watching a recorded PT program. For recorded programs the buffer does not apply.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks all - There those in my family(and myself last night) that will watch "recorded" shows, hit pause and then go clean out their sock drawer. Turning off is ok and my big TV will recognize that with no input and turn itself off too..

Thanks again.

--Mickey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)