screensaver

Kru83

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
New Jersey
do you guys remember couple of years back they use to have this online site where you download this program, than log in you can pick your images to have it on your screen savers. than you can also pick from the screen saver weather you want it as your wallpaper or not ???

does anyone remember the name of the site or program.

do you guys remember couple of years back they use to have this online site where you download this program, than log in you can pick your images to have it on your screen savers. than you can also pick from the screen saver weather you want it as your wallpaper or not ???

does anyone remember the name of the site or program.

If you have xp then you can do it. Just use mypictures as your screensaver.

Besides, most of those "free" screensavers are nothing but trouble and avenues for spyware/malware. We've had to de-louse PCs when the users thought they downloading some pretty Thomas Kincaid stuff and the next thing you know, their PC has all sorts of sexual content and trojans.

I'm not saying they all are, I'm just leary of anything "for free"...

Besides, most of those "free" screensavers are nothing but trouble and avenues for spyware/malware. We've had to de-louse PCs when the users thought they downloading some pretty Thomas Kincaid stuff and the next thing you know, their PC has all sorts of sexual content and trojans.

I'm not saying they all are, I'm just leary of anything "for free"...

I agree with you on this. I foolishly downloaded a Three Stooges screensaver. It was trouble right from the beginning until I removed it. You would think the Stooges would be okay! :p

I got hit a few years ago, with the free screen saver junk, got a full blown virus.

I gave up on screen savers years ago. They're a waste... Just disable them and enable the power saving feature to shut your monitor off and save a little electricity. :D

...and if you're Folding, screensavers take away cycles from your CPU! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)