Screw cablevision and dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

betaman10

Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Just wanted to say I am pissed about this uproar with dish and cablevision over voom. I think its all a scan to get everyone to move to dish. I called dish tonight and said I just wanted the voom HD channels and that is all. Thats all I ever cared about and that all TV really is HD. Anyway they told me I had to pay for everything at some stupid ass price. Way more than voom was. I had no problem paying voom for the HD channels eventhough I was paying for the SD also. I only watched the HD. Dish is trying to charge more and charge me for setup. Anyway this is how corporate america screws all of us in paying more. Oh well I am not going to dish and truely I wish some providor would offer some HD because SD sucks. The FCC has danced around the issue of getting rid of SD and that isn't going to happen in my life time at the rate they are going BTW I am 23 :) Anyway I never thought it would happen sure I am naive I never thought voom would go, well it did and I feel stupid. Anyway I say we all boycot everyone, but that will not work because people want their tv which is understadable. I just wish that someone will realise that SD is not the way to go and HD is the only way, its sad its not happening sooner and that the FCC is backed by everyone who runs the SD channels. Thats enough for me for now. Just a said voomer whos tv is gone:( I have said from the beginning voom doesn't need to offer SD just HD. and thats how I think they messed up. Hd everything HD locals everything and people would be happy. Maybe not, but thats how I would have been happy. Fare well all. Have fun on your new service and rememver nothing was like voom and nothing will ever be. CS rocked everything was great. As for the other sat providors I say I am done. I move from directv to voom and now that its gone I am done. Have fun in your voyage.

Dan

betaman10 said:
Anyway this is how corporate america screws all of us in paying more.

No, this is what happens when there is less competition. One less DBS player and we're all screwed, no matter what provider you have.

If Dish was the only service provider I would not have a TV,the CSR's that dish hires,even if it is out sourced,are some of the most pathic people in the consumer resource industry that I have ever talked too,that was years ago, but it left such a bitter taste in my mouth.It would be an insult to dogs to say that they are smarter than Dish CSR's, life in the form of one cell is better off than to be a Dish CSR

branchbouncer said:
If Dish was the only service provider I would not have a TV,the CSR's that dish hires,even if it is out sourced,are some of the most pathic people in the consumer resource industry that I have ever talked too,that was years ago, but it left such a bitter taste in my mouth.It would be an insult to dogs to say that they are smarter than Dish CSR's life in the form of one cell is better off than to be a Dish CSR
After only 3 calls into E* inquiring about their services, I will confirm that each experience was disappointing to say the least. Hell, is english their primary language? Based on my experiences, I can honestly say that VOOM CSRs were clearly superior in all aspects related to customer service.

Dish is trying to charge more and charge me for setup.

betaman10 said:
Just wanted to say I am pissed about this uproar with dish and cablevision over voom. I think its all a scan to get everyone to move to dish. I called dish tonight and said I just wanted the voom HD channels and that is all. Thats all I ever cared about and that all TV really is HD. Anyway they told me I had to pay for everything at some stupid ass price. Way more than voom was. I had no problem paying voom for the HD channels eventhough I was paying for the SD also. I only watched the HD. Dish is trying to charge more and charge me for setup. Anyway this is how corporate america screws all of us in paying more. Oh well I am not going to dish and truely I wish some providor would offer some HD because SD sucks. The FCC has danced around the issue of getting rid of SD and that isn't going to happen in my life time at the rate they are going BTW I am 23 :) Anyway I never thought it would happen sure I am naive I never thought voom would go, well it did and I feel stupid. Anyway I say we all boycot everyone, but that will not work because people want their tv which is understadable. I just wish that someone will realise that SD is not the way to go and HD is the only way, its sad its not happening sooner and that the FCC is backed by everyone who runs the SD channels. Thats enough for me for now. Just a said voomer whos tv is gone:( I have said from the beginning voom doesn't need to offer SD just HD. and thats how I think they messed up. Hd everything HD locals everything and people would be happy. Maybe not, but thats how I would have been happy. Fare well all. Have fun on your new service and rememver nothing was like voom and nothing will ever be. CS rocked everything was great. As for the other sat providors I say I am done. I move from directv to voom and now that its gone I am done. Have fun in your voyage.

Dan
they did not charge me for setup. I called Friday.
Because I chose the most expensive DVR I did get an upfront charge.

mindstein said:
they did not charge me for setup. I called Friday.
Because I chose the most expensive DVR I did get an upfront charge.

six of one....half dozen of the other...

they charged you a 250.00 setup fee no matter how you look at it.

riffjim4069 said:
After only 3 calls into E* inquiring about their services, I will confirm that each experience was disappointing to say the least. Hell, is english their primary language? Based on my experiences, I can honestly say that VOOM CSRs were clearly superior in all aspects related to customer service.

Ditto:They should have let the CSR's from VOOM merge into the E*CSR's let them handle the VOOM transfers and mybe be teach the E* people some common sense

riffjim4069 said:
nope i dont know what language they speak i had dishnet before voom now im going back to comcast. we should get tnthd after the playoffs and i sent two emails to comcast about voom21 hopefully they will pick it up.

I added Time Warner HDTV with DVR no charge.Very good PQ.Also turned on
my DTV. Will wait for DTV to blow Dish out of the water with there new
MPEG 4!

Buy your own equipment, activate with HD pack for $10, Voom pack for $5 and $5 surcharge for not having a Top60 or better package. Total cost for programming is $20/mo. Cost for an 811 on eBay is $175-$190 shipped for new in-box. Easy cheesy and cheap.

riffjim4069 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchbouncer
If Dish was the only service provider I would not have a TV,the CSR's that dish hires,even if it is out sourced,are some of the most pathic people in the consumer resource industry that I have ever talked too,that was years ago, but it left such a bitter taste in my mouth.It would be an insult to dogs to say that they are smarter than Dish CSR's life in the form of one cell is better off than to be a Dish CSR,

Charter's CSR's are friendly AND knowledgeable and they answer almost immediately (at least all the times I've called).
If any of you have access to Charter Communication cable, read my post on page 5 of the "It's Official-VOOM on Dish Network!" and then compare it to Dish, DirectTV, etc. I think you'll be surprised.

Nothing will compare to VOOM for a long, long time. But if your town has Charter, I think it's by far the way to go rather than Dish or Directv.

I have Charter in my area, and they seem like crap to me. Snowy SD channels (for all their not digital ones), not many HD channels (Here they only offer HBO-HD, Showtime-HD, Discovery-HD, ESPN-HD, HDNet, HDNet Movies and ABC-HD).

MNHTUG said:
Buy your own equipment, activate with HD pack for $10, Voom pack for $5 and $5 surcharge for not having a Top60 or better package. Total cost for programming is $20/mo. Cost for an 811 on eBay is $175-$190 shipped for new in-box. Easy cheesy and cheap.
I tried that; they are not letting that being done anymore.

I agree with you 100%. I am not switching over to E*. I feel very let down by the whole V* issue and i will not in any attempt try to fatten E*'s pockets or james d ' s pockets...They sold us out, and V* or should i say cablevision now is getting a kickback for everyone switching to E*..Whats funnier is that the only people that will sign up for E*s voom package will be the former V* customers... I say maybe 15,000 switch over to E*.. The rest of the E* subs that have been subs for a long time will not buy it because they didnt care for hd content to begin with or they would of went with V* when it existed and maybe V* would of grown and not be buried like it is today...

kfried001 said:
I tried that; they are not letting that being done anymore.

I reactivated my dish account this morning and ordered just the hd pak and the Voom pak.
There is the afore mentioned $5 access charge as well bringing the total to $19.95.

In my case, there was a $25 reactivation fee, but no problems as I owned my original 6000 (no leases in the good old days) and have the two dishes in place.

If you own a Dish hd receiver and have the 61.5 dish already installed, you should call back until you get a csr who will activate you with this minimal hd package.

Shelly

shelly said:
I reactivated my dish account this morning and ordered just the hd pak and the Voom pak.
There is the afore mentioned $5 access charge as well bringing the total to $19.95.

In my case, there was a $25 reactivation fee, but no problems as I owned my original 6000 (no leases in the good old days) and have the two dishes in place.

If you own a Dish hd receiver and have the 61.5 dish already installed, you should call back until you get a csr who will activate you with this minimal hd package.

Shelly

See Shelly that is a problem and a dirty way for Dish to gain customers why charge ppl 25 bucks to come back to there service to give them money again?Dish has Horrid csr ppl as well.When voom announced they were shutting down they pretty much told me same thing.

Called DTV who I had been a sub with years ago they still were willing to give me the new customer specials I got 4 rooms for free,200 rebate which I used for dvr,free dvd player,and 3 months of all there programming cannot beat that deal.

Voom or no voom the company known as Voom no longer exists to me.Sure the HD was nice but I liked the whole package from the program guide to the sd channels to the customer service all of it.I will suffer along with the little hd I have atm and wait it out a few years till everyone else catches up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)