Screwed By VOOM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I got a letter from (Voom Conversion Center) which is Dish Network, so I guess Voom sold our info to them, How else would they get my address.

Dear Voom Customer,

As you may have heard your Voom service is being terminated on April 30.

We would like to offer you a free satellite system with E*.
At the present time the HD channels offered are HBO, SHOWTIME, TNT, HDNET, HDNET Movies, ESPN, DISC. additionally your local channels are also available, with new channels being added all the time. We have the popular 811 receiver which is our HD receiver available at no additional charge or we can offer you our new 942 HD DVR combo. unit which enables you to record your favorite programs in HD. This receiver has an upgrade fee of $250.00 and is our newest model with the latest technologies.

address::
VOOM Conversion Center
1714 Fortview Road, Ste. 106
Austin TX 78704

In addition you will receive 6 months of Free HD Programming which is a $60.00 value.

Please call us bla bla bla bla..... :cool:

If you have followed the posts on the subject of Voom Conversion Center you will know this is not Dish Network but a installer in Texas. The theory is Installs Inc. may have compromised the list and not Voom.

Not screwed.

I envy you, I have been waiting for stuff like that to show up for weeks.
I don't mind getting adds sent to me for stuff that I am in the market for.

Plywodstatebum said:
I got a letter from (Voom Conversion Center) which is Dish Network, so I guess Voom sold our info to them, How else would they get my address.

Dear Voom Customer,

As you may have heard your Voom service is being terminated on April 30.

We would like to offer you a free satellite system with E*.
At the present time the HD channels offered are HBO, SHOWTIME, TNT, HDNET, HDNET Movies, ESPN, DISC. additionally your local channels are also available, with new channels being added all the time. We have the popular 811 receiver which is our HD receiver available at no additional charge or we can offer you our new 942 HD DVR combo. unit which enables you to record your favorite programs in HD. This receiver has an upgrade fee of $250.00 and is our newest model with the latest technologies.

In addition you will receive 6 months of Free HD Programming which is a $60.00 value.

Please call us bla bla bla bla..... :cool:

If DISH approved this, then it is blatantly false advertising, because, in fact, the local channels in HD (which is what this implies) is absolutely NOT available--unless this was a geographically-directed ad.

Indy said:
If you have followed the posts on the subject of Voom Conversion Center you will know this is not Dish Network but a installer in Texas. The theory is Installs Inc. may have compromised the list and not Voom.

Indy ,

I don't think Install Inc. had anything to do with either. Why would they do that when they only install E* through Radio Shack they would not make nothing by doing this cause they don't do the E* install directley.

t

TYORK said:
Indy ,

I don't think Install Inc. had anything to do with either. Why would they do that when they only install E* through Radio Shack they would not make nothing by doing this cause they don't do the E* install directley.

t
This so-called "Conversion Center" advertising thing has to be pretty expensive. Any ideas on who/what got it started T?

I went through the DishPro ad here in the Voom forums (fora?) and I chatted with someone (Claude). I asked about getting two rooms of HDTV and was told $50 activation, $50 credit on first bill, 1 year contract, and 6 months free HD package. Price for Top 60 Plus would be $52/month.

So paying $250 for one HD receiver sounds a bit excessive.

TYORK said:
Indy ,

t

They make their cash selling the list. Not in doing the work. If it indeed went down that way. :confused:

The $250 is the upgrade to the HD DVR

RocketRay said:
I went through the DishPro ad here in the Voom forums (fora?) and I chatted with someone (Claude). I asked about getting two rooms of HDTV and was told $50 activation, $50 credit on first bill, 1 year contract, and 6 months free HD package. Price for Top 60 Plus would be $52/month.

RocketRay said:

The $250 is for a lease on an HD DVR.

CDH.

riffjim4069 said:
Perhaps the wisenheimers pulled our names and addresses out of the FCC's public database when we filed our comments to save VOOM?

I didn't file anything with the FCC, but I did get my requisite call from the "Voom Conversion Center" :no . Interestingly, I've only been a Voom subscriber since mid-March, so whoever pawned the list had a recent version.

The $250 is for a lease on an HD DVR.

Oh, well that's very different then.

GiRa-Emily%20Litella.jpg

Never mind.

TYORK said:
Indy ,

t

T, this is just but one theory floating around. You are probably correct about Installs not selling the list. Could have been someone at Voom selling the list clandestinely for some extra cash.

I talked to a very rude person at Satellite Country in Texas. He answered the phone and identified the company as Satellite Country. (I called the phone number in the letter.) I asked him straight out where he got the names from. He said he got them from Voom. Now how he aquired them, I do not know.

Someone might want to attempt to call the turkey at Satellite County and find out if Voom gave up the list voluntary, or if Satellite County aquired it in an underhand manor.

I do not want to talk to the rude people at Satellite Country again. They are calling people that subscribed to Voom with no caller id. This in itself is a voliation of the Do Not Call rules. Even if you have an business relationship with a company, the company is required to call from a phone that displays the phone number they are calling from.

I have filed a complaint with the FCC, and with the State of Texas about Satellite County. I would suggest other people do likewise. It is up to you. If enough people complain, something might happen about these guys.

I do not like companies that practice deceptive advertising.

roland

danielle_s said:
This so-called "Conversion Center" advertising thing has to be pretty expensive. Any ideas on who/what got it started T?

I have no idea unless that Sound to me that there may have been deal voom and e* maybe since they are call it the Conversion Center and trying to sell E* cause don't you think if they sold a list they would have sold the same list to D*

t

Indy said:
T, this is just but one theory floating around. You are probably correct about Installs not selling the list. Could have been someone at Voom selling the list clandestinely for some extra cash.

Like i said before i just think its something between E* and Voom Cause D* is not call you and i would think they would have sold the list to both if they had sold this list.

t

It is a good possibility that it is something between voom and echostar considering no one has reported that directv has called them. It's kinda funny though, we used my roomate's name for voom and she has not received a call or letter from these people.
But if it was something between E* and V* then why would they be telling people to call E*, when they should be signing people up right there on the phone?

This is one crazy scheme, I hope whoever get's caught get's wacked

danielle_s said:
This is one crazy scheme, I hope whoever get's caught get's wacked[/QUOTE

Must be some Italian in this girl. Or maybe she is even a Soprano? danielle_s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts