SD Only

I know, but I really want HD in my other rooms and I want the whole home DVR. I have an unusual set up with 8 TVs in my house. I don't need all to have independent programming, but want them all to have TV. My 722 allows me to feed my other TVs and I just take the remote into the room I want to watch TV on. I was hoping the Hopper could do the same. I'll have to think twice before switching now.

As I said before if you don't need all of them to have independent programming you could use an RF modulator and a powered splitter to allow you to view the output of one Joey on multiple TV's. Or if those TV's are HD you could use an HDMI splitter.

As I said before if you don't need all of them to have independent programming you could use an RF modulator and a powered splitter to allow you to view the output of one Joey on multiple TV's. Or if those TV's are HD you could use an HDMI splitter.

I wasn't sure how the RF modulator worked but after researching it, this should work perfect. Thanks for the advice!

I put a RF modulator off my Joey then fed coax to a splitter that goes to a couple TV's in the house. However, one TV shows a black & white picture, the other shows a color picture but it's kinda grainy and the third TV I tested won't show anything.

Are there any particular settings everything needs to be set on? My RF modulator can pick from channel 3 or channel 4.

When looking at the Joey settings, I'm only allowed to choose HDMI settings (1080p/i, 720, etc.) and the aspect ratio. I tried a combination of settings but nothing was the magic answer.

On the TV, what settings should be used there? Cable or Antenna setting? Is channel 3 better than 4 for some reason?

I have a 36" SDTV that accepts component. But I agree, that is rare. In great shape, used maybe once every week or two, mostly by my MiL so she can see the local stations with an EPG (DTV Pal - I'm grandfathered without locals). I'm beginning to wonder how I'm going to get rid of it.........

About 18 months ago I got rid of a 38" CRT HDTV that weighed close to 300 pounds! I insisted on it being a trade-in on a new high-end HDTV at a local retailer. They sent out two men with dolly to move it to their truck. Good luck!

Cable or Antenna setting?
Doesn't matter. Channels 3 and 4 are the same on AIR or CATV.
Is channel 3 better than 4 for some reason?
If you have a nearby station broadcasting on channel 3 or 4, you would do well to use the opposite on your modulator to avoid interference.

My guess is that you have bad cabling or the modulator puts out a relatively weak signal.

Few Questions About My New Hopper Setup

OTA and Dish TV2 on one cable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)