Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Is it just me or no matter what HDTV you put in there, once you look at HDTV and get used to watch HDTV its very hard for me to watch SD channels anymore, I mean taking a look at the channels, they look 100x more blurry and the image looks so horrible.
I know I have a small TV here, but I went to my cousins house he has a 65"Mitsubishi DLP he has Dish Network, not DirecTV, the thing is, he has HD channels too, and its the almost the same way it looks on my TV too, so I am wondering as people get used to watch HDTV channels do SD channels look worser and worser by the day?
I mean I thought SD channels use to look much better before I ever bought an HDTV with HD channels.

Is it just me or no matter what HDTV you put in there, once you look at HDTV and get used to watch HDTV its very hard for me to watch SD channels anymore, I mean taking a look at the channels, they look 100x more blurry and the image looks so horrible.
I know I have a small TV here, but I went to my cousins house he has a 65"Mitsubishi DLP he has Dish Network, not DirecTV, the thing is, he has HD channels too, and its the almost the same way it looks on my TV too, so I am wondering as people get used to watch HDTV channels do SD channels look worser and worser by the day?
I mean I thought SD channels use to look much better before I ever bought an HDTV with HD channels.

They use to look better back when they were not crunching the compression to get more channels in the system.

The more channels the worse the SD gets.

Jimbo

So then Jimbo does that mean in the next 2-3 years there won't be any SD channels existing?

It also has to do with the HD receiver, if you get a seperate SD reciever the channels become much better, but why do you want to have two boxes for one TV?

It also has to do with the HD receiver, if you get a seperate SD reciever the channels become much better, but why do you want to have two boxes for one TV?
Why would that make a difference? They have the same types of outputs(plus HDMI and maybe component for the HD boxes). It MAY make a difference if you output SD through S-video versus an HD output, but i doubt the box will change the picture any(unless you just cant see how good the HD picture looks in comparison)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts