Search FTA Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pomernman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Just recently got my FTA system (from wsidigital) installed.:D I couldn't aligned it myself but had a very helpful installer.:) I'm lovin it!:up

My question is: How often should one do a search on a satellite (especially with the way things change)? I just did my second search on G25 and I ended up with 338 tv and 216 radio stations. I know a lot are foreign and pay but I don't think I go that many the first time I searched.

Boy, so many channels and satellites and so little time!:)

For satellites with constant programing you do not need to scan regularly, but for satellites that contain feeds you need to "smart or blind" scan them to find feeds.

sounds like you picked up another sat when scanning 97W

There are about 325 channels (200 TV and 125 radio) total (fta & scrambled). WOndering what other sat you got?

Just recently got my FTA system (from wsidigital) installed.:D I couldn't aligned it myself but had a very helpful installer.:) I'm lovin it!:up

Congrats, it is a great hobby. :)

My question is: How often should one do a search on a satellite (especially with the way things change)? I just did my second search on G25 and I ended up with 338 tv and 216 radio stations. I know a lot are foreign and pay but I don't think I go that many the first time I searched.

Boy, so many channels and satellites and so little time!:)

It is best to search "FTA only" so you don't have to wade through scrambled channels. Or your channel guide might have a FTA only sort that is about as good. Make sure if you doing blind-scan that the frequency isn't set to "auto" and you explicitly list 11700 - 12200 if scanning a typical satellite. It will generally scan faster. At least a number of receivers default to 10750 - 12900 or thereabouts.

I find that scanning on Saturday & Sunday nets the most interesting feeds. Also if there is a major news event going on it can be useful to scan. (hurricanes, elections, you name it)

Satellite blind search/smart scan

I do a blind search/smart scan then it jumps into searching tp. It scans 10700-12750.

I found 344 TV stations on G25/97, 55 on AMC4/101, 77 on G3C/95 to name a few.

I don't think I'm getting multipule satellites I believe that a majority are foreign, pay, nothing and even some are repeat channels on different tp.

Eventually I'll sit down and look into them closer.

Question: Is there a thread/post that looks in on a specific sat (say G25/97 or AMC4/101)? Programming/problems.

thelist has what is on each satellite

you might want to change the search parameters when you blind scan to 11700-12200 if you can. The low band (10700-11700) is only for satellites across the Atlantic and 12200-12900 is the DBS band. Removing that will save a lot of scanning time :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts