Search history...you gotta be kidding!

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
Tell me this is something that needs fixing. It worked great on the 622. I had a whole list of stuff I searched for every week. This is storing every letter as if its was searched on its own.

20140102_192457_zpsaa7304fd.jpg

Tell me this is something that needs fixing. It worked great on the 622. I had a whole list of stuff I searched for every week. This is storing every letter as if its was searched on its own.
lol, that is funny. Same thing here. Hadn't noticed that. Mine has some like your pic but others has full name, most likely from hitting the search button.

It probably lists it like that because as you enter each letter it is searching and updating results but that is pretty crude way to list the history IMO.

Search is not so good. But then again, Search on SatGuys is not so good.

It should wait for you to finish inputing the search words and have a button that says GO or something. Thats how the 622 worked.

It looks like it clears itself after a certain time. Those searches I did yesterday are gone this morning.
This was reported in the "bugs" thread for the most recent s/w updates. Clearly this is an "enhancement" to the Hopper's UI, along with all of the other improvements.... :p

People liked the way it was previously because a) it didn't erase your search history quickly and b) you could easily arrow-up/down to a previous search term you used.

Does it do predictive searches? Like google? If so, that kind of makes sense as each letter is indeed a "search". I can see how it would be very annoying though.

Does it do predictive searches? Like google? If so, that kind of makes sense as each letter is indeed a "search".
I haven't tried it since this update, but presuming the back-end hasn't changed, it doesn't do predictive (guesses what you're looking for), but does eliminate results as you type more letters. That doesn't require saving each typed letter as a standalone search term though.

I haven't tried it since this update, but presuming the back-end hasn't changed, it doesn't do predictive (guesses what you're looking for), but does eliminate results as you type more letters. That doesn't require saving each typed letter as a standalone search term though.

Right. So, it is indeed performing a search on every letter press. Technically, the search history is correct then. However annoying it may be.

Yes, technically it is correct but it can't possibly be intended to work that way. What's the point of even having a search history tab when the search history is full of single letters leading up to the intended search word. Do a search for something with a long title and you'd have page after page of search history that is all meaningless except for the very last entry. It needs to be reprogrammed not to start the search until the entire search term is typed in and the user clicks on "SEARCH".

Yes, technically it is correct but it can't possibly be intended to work that way.
Pretty much the exact same thing I was going to respond with....

Google is the master of search, yes ? Look at your search history there. I searched "windows 7 explorer delete file refresh" but Google doesn't show my previous searches as

windows 7 explorer delete file refres
windows 7 explorer delete file refre
windows 7 explorer delete file refr
windows 7 explorer delete file ref
windows 7 explorer delete file re
(and so on)

Personally I have no way of knowing if they're connected but......customers have been mentioning slowness since the last update? If the system is using up memory on meaningless search data who knows what else is clogging up things......I thought the previous search was pretty good......before this so called update.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)