Searching for a 10' Winegard Pinnacle Buttton Hook pole

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GI_Joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Atlanta
I recently bought a used 10 foot Winegard Pinnacle and it did not have the button hook. I can make a feed horn support easy enough, but if someone knows where I might find an original button hook it might be worth pursuing.

Thanks,

If you are lucky you may find one. If you are smart you will go with quad support legs. Easy enough to fabricate from metal conduit.
001.jpg

Magic - At the moment that is my plan to use the Quad legs. I just would like to keep the original look. :)

Wasn't there a factory quad leg conversion?
Or maybe "variation"?
So, wouldn't that be "original look", as well?

I'd have to be very comfortable with my button hook to NOT change to quad legs. :)
?Certainly a fine dish to be worrying with. :up

Well the Pinnacle has a very short, very stout buttonhook. Probably one of the few dishes that didn't have a problem with sagging. My buddy has one behind a shed with a almost new condition Pinnacle. I'd love to talk him out of that one and replace mine with it. But I would keep my quad legs ;)

I tend to agree - Quad legs are the most sturdy, and certainly the easiest to construct. Not to mention I like the way they look. :)

I recently bought a used 10 foot Winegard Pinnacle and it did not have the button hook. I can make a feed horn support easy enough, but if someone knows where I might find an original button hook it might be worth pursuing.

Thanks,
You may be in luck. I took mine off and made legs. It is rusted but still stiff. Four of the six bolts are still in it. Two missing. I can take some pics and give you some measurements if you are interested.
RT

OK. If you want my old one the cost would only be the shipping charges. I was going to upload some pictures with measurements but they just will not upload. Never had that problem in the past. Must be something new?
RT

Joe -

I just recently bought a used Pinnacle that was just down the street. What a nice BUD ... I'm very happy to be living under it now :D. In the Pinnacle Manual (downloadable here)(Page 8), it lists the "Assembly Instructions" for the "Quad Feed Support Assembly". You might find some useful information there. Mine came with the Button Hook Assembly (see attached picture). I'm certainly glad that nothing was missing. Got a nice Von Weise actuator with it too! Good Luck!

Attachments

• 20130814_105156.jpg
    20130814_105156.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 267
Dude put some quad legs on it with a bull eye and you have the bomb for a dish

Attachments

• dish03.jpg
    dish03.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 243
Here are the pictures of the two button hooks that I have per the email I sent you.

Attachments

• IMG_20130905_165248.jpg
    IMG_20130905_165248.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20130905_165239.jpg
    IMG_20130905_165239.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20130905_165231.jpg
    IMG_20130905_165231.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Didn't work from my Nexus phone so I had to transfer from my PC. There posted now.

It has been a LONG time (over 6 months) since my last post on this. I got bogged down with work and I have had limited time. _ i finally got moving on this. I really could not find a decent replacement for the button hook, so I made my own. See pictures. I took a 1 1/4 " diameter pipe and had it machined down to where it would fit firmly into the hook support base, then had the support arms (5/16 all thread) welded onto a pipe coupler.. I had a mount like this back in the 80's so I knew it would work - my fear was with Ku band but as it turns on that is not a problem at all. Looks like a solid 75% signal quality across the ARC from 85 to 139. (139 is weaker cause I'm in the trees to the west...

Finally figured out how to attached the pictures..

Attachments

• DSC_0218.jpg
    DSC_0218.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC_0219.jpg
    DSC_0219.jpg
    690.4 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC_0435.jpg
    DSC_0435.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 231
  • DSC_0437.jpg
    DSC_0437.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 246
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts