Searching for new FTA channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ronjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I ordered the M2 system from Sadoun. It should be here on Tuesday. I will be out of town, so I will install it next Saturday. I got it to pick up Thai and Lao stations. They are on IA5 and AMC4. I can search for these channels and create a favorites list for my wife since I have done that many times for my father-in-law.(On his receiver you have to enter every frequency to search for instead of searchinig an entire sat) How do you guys go about searching for backfeeds and such? Do you scan and compare what you find to a list? Do you go down the lyngsat list everytime? There has to be an easier way or I could see it taking 30-45 minutes per sat to see if something new is up there.

No list needed, you can use Blind scan and if there is a LIVE feed broadcasting it will be added to the end of your list of channels!

Please remember that no new finds or feeds info should be posted in the open area!

Have fun!

A blind scan makes the hobby fun :)

No need to search for the right info. Pick a satellite and do a blind scan :)

Iceberg said:
A blind scan makes the hobby fun :)

I knew that would make things a lot easier. My father-in-laws unit is at least four - maybe five years old. Every time I want to scan, I have to delete all tps I am going to scan. It will not re-scan current tps. Then I have to go back and redo all of the favorites. If any channel was inserted, unless it was Thai, I wouldn't really know it.

Thanks for everything guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)