Searching for rtpi (portuguese channel)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

STI777

Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
northeast florida
just bought a panst 4500 and a winegard 76. pointed it to 97w. want the portuguese channel (RTPI). getting about 200 channels but the transponder for (RTPI) 12060 H 22000 keeps failing. the signal quality on it is around 50, best i could get. can someone let me know what i can do to raise the signal? thanks:confused:

Welcome to Satelliteguys. It sounds like you only need a small adjustment to your dish. If you can rig a small tv that you can see as you adjust the dish, that is the best way to peak your signal with the least frustration. With a fixed dish that is nearly on target like yours, it is best to gently push on the dish to each side and up/down while watching the signal strength meter (don't loosen the locking bolts yet). This will tell you which direction you need to adjust the dish. Then loosen the locking bolts and then make very small adjustments in the direction you found by pushing on the dish. You might want to make some reference marks so you can return to your initial position if you get off track. You may also try to adjust the lnb distance from the dish and its skew (rotation). This can make a big difference if your aim is as good as it gets. Again, plan to make very small incremental adjustments.

Take some time to browse around the site and take advantage of the search tools. You will be able to benefit from the wealth of info that has been documented by the members here. Good luck.

RTPI has been inconsistent on 97W for the last couple of weeks. The transponder is strong just no RTPI. 55W is dependable if you have C band.

I'd recommend a 6 ft prime focus, as a minimum*. A site sponsor has a great deal on one. http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/226869-6-foot-c-ku-band-prime.html
Contact WS International Wholesale Satellite Distributor and Supplier of Free To Air (FTA), MPEGII, DVB Satellite Equipment to see if it's still on. You will also need a C band LNBF.DMX241 C Band LNBF Dual Polarity Vertical/Horizontal for BUD Satellite Dish Antenna Single Output Wholesale Distributor and Equipment Supplier
*Some may of had some success with a 4ft offset "Mini-BUDs", but I don't recommend it.

do you have any idea as to what is causing the problem with rtpi? also, the place where i bought my receiver seems to think that getting 55w in northeast florida might be a problem.

RTPI, where are you?

:confused:Does anyone know why i get most everything on 97w, and not the transponder that RTPI is on (12060H 22000). I have great signal strength and quality on everything else. I got a post saying that its been inconsistent for about two weeks. Trying to figure out if there is anything i can do, or just have to wait.:confused:

idea as to what is causing the problem with rtpi?
On 97W, dish alignment(?)
I'm in Minn. 55W is no problem here. You're closer so it would be even higher in the sky than here.

rtpi has been coming in steady at my location. Its not the strongest transponder on 97W, but it should be a very solid signal. I would try some slight dish and lnb adjustments.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)