Searching for signal error 771

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cesmo2

Original poster
May 8, 2009
MD
Hey, I have two HD DVRs. During a thunderstorm 2 days ago both systems went out. The error message was 771. It kept searching for satelite signal. I have spoken to the phone folks four times with no good results. I have reset each system at least six times yet It continues to search for satelite signal. One more thing. It comes on by itself. Both of them. we turn them off and they come back on. I can't even get in to watch programs recorded.
H E L P!! :confused:Where do I go from here?

CW

Hey, I have two HD DVRs. During a thunderstorm 2 days ago both systems went out. The error message was 771. It kept searching for satelite signal. I have spoken to the phone folks four times with no good results. I have reset each system at least six times yet It continues to search for satelite signal. One more thing. It comes on by itself. Both of them. we turn them off and they come back on. I can't even get in to watch programs recorded.
H E L P!! :confused:Where do I go from here?

CW

One thing to try first. Unplug the receivers from power (not just turned off) and leave them unplugged for a few minutes. Plug back in and see where you are. If still bad, several possibilities come to mind:

1. Wind knocked dish out of alignment.
2. If you have a powered switch in line, it may have blown or need to be reset.
3. Lightning got your LNB and/or receivers.
4. Check all connections for water intrusion.

I was switching some cables in preparation for switching from Direct TV to Uverse
and I turned on my satellite receiver and TV and I received the same error code.
After about a half hour of scratching my head, I tried another cable from the
receiver output to the TV and everything worked! Just a bad connection (the connector
or the cable). Hope this helps. Note: I even disconnected the antenna input from the
receiver and the same error message was shown (makes sense after thinking about it)
Lannie Walker

Had this happen to me back in January (I was a new install).
the solution was to place 50 feet of cable between the wall and the receiver.
The installer said some receivers have an issue with the signal coming in too 'hot' from the LNB's, that the only known fix is to run it through all that extra cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts