Season Pass Manager (HR10-250)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qdaddyo

Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
So it's 9:07 PST on Monday night, and I notice that my recording light on my HR10-250 is not on. That's impossible, I think..."24" should be recording. I open my To Do List and low and behold, it's not recording. I quickly go to the guide and record the show. Meanwhile, I'm flipping through my season pass (which consists of over 35 shows) and I find out that only 3 are scheduled throughout the next 2 weeks. Something's fishy!

I call D* and am on the phone with them for over an hour. We end up deleting all my To Do List and Season Passes. I now have to wait until tomorrow to reset all my Season Passes while the satellite reloads.

Here's the weird thing. The Season Pass Manager and Search by Title functions didn't find any upcoming shows, but when I flipped forward in the guide, I was able to find the shows.

Anybody experience the same issue? Any resolutions?

Season Pass sometimes gets corrupted. deleting them sometimes works. If it fails you need to do a "clear and delete everything" and go through the initial setup process for the HDtivo all over again. That sounds like what they did. Your symptoms sound just like what I have experienced. It was like the guide wasnt talking to the season pass. No future airings could be found when you searched to record.

Season Pass sometimes gets corrupted. deleting them sometimes works. If it fails you need to do a "clear and delete everything" and go through the initial setup process for the HDtivo all over again. That sounds like what they did. Your symptoms sound just like what I have experienced. It was like the guide wasnt talking to the season pass. No future airings could be found when you searched to record.

That would not be good as I have over 70 shows saved!!!

When this happened to me, it was a precursor to the hard drive going belly up. I ordered a new 300 GB Seagate drive from Weaknees and fixed the untit myself in about ten minutes. Works fine now and I have more recording capacity. It runs much faster, also.

Not saying it's your hard drive starting to go bad, but it was the first sign for me. There were some bad spots on the drive and the data was corrupted in some places. Resets stopped curing the problem. It was worth the cost of the new hard drive to save the unit and keep TiVo software for Mrs. Camper. D* will only send an HR20 to replace it.

Sorry that you'd also lose your recorded shows if you did not download them prior to the change.

That would not be good as I have over 70 shows saved!!!
Mine seems to get corrupted every 6 months, but I have my machine networked and I pull off the recordings. Infact I have to do a clear and delete before 5/4/07 because it is acting up again,. 6 months like clockwork.:rolleyes:

Don't be so sure they will send you an HR20. I had the HR10 250 last month and they sent me a refirbushed HR10 250 that would not record anything. One day later I get another HR10 250 to replace that one.

This can happen when the TiVo's guide indexing gets corrupted. The first thing to try is a simple reboot and a small change in the Season Pass manager. This worked for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.