Seattle Dish Network Advise

puttersea

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Seattle
Hello, I have been surfing this site for a while and finally joined today. First post :):

I just wanted some advise on my dish reception. I am running a 612 DVR in the LR and regular HD in the bedroom (not sure about the name of receiver). I have what I believe to be the 1000.2 dish (it says Turbo HD on it) and was professionally install last August.

I have been loosing signal on Sat. #129 about 2 times a month and it has be be reaquired.

I did a point satellite today and here was the signals: Zip: 98108
129: 48-52
119: 68
110: 75

Switch test showed all green and OK.

Called dish and they said these were acceptable signals and just told me to unplug my receiver and plug it back in. Seemed to help, but signal strenght stayed the same.

I guess my question to you all is if these settings look correct and adequate to you for Seattle Dish? Do I have the right Dish on the roof.

Any advise you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks.

signal

The 129 sat is the most important if you like HD. But is the weakest bird they have based on where it is in the horizon. The signal that you see on your receiver is not actual. If fact it is like grading on a curve. Bottom line in my option 119 and 110 are just fine, however 129 appears low. Might need a tweak. If you have the maintenance will cost 15 dollars to have a tech out. If you don't I think it is around 95. If you have never played with a dish it can be humbling, but on this site you may if you want find all the info you need to make it better. On my 1000.2 I cover the out side lnb"s with tin foil. Leaving the center exposed. Put to skew to 90 or say straight. get the best signal on 119 as you can , now move the skew to were it was, should be bolt marks, or you should mark it. And nail down the best signal. Have fun:)

Can't agree on this.

The 129 sat is the most important if you like HD. But is the weakest bird they have based on where it is in the horizon. The signal that you see on your receiver is not actual. If fact it is like grading on a curve. Bottom line in my option 119 and 110 are just fine, however 129 appears low. Might need a tweak. If you have the maintenance will cost 15 dollars to have a tech out. If you don't I think it is around 95. If you have never played with a dish it can be humbling, but on this site you may if you want find all the info you need to make it better. On my 1000.2 I cover the out side lnb"s with tin foil. Leaving the center exposed. Put to skew to 90 or say straight. get the best signal on 119 as you can , now move the skew to were it was, should be bolt marks, or you should mark it. And nail down the best signal. Have fun:)

129 isn't the lowest of the 3 birds in your area. Using Dishpointer 110 is about a degree lower. Dish pointer gives 129 as 34.9, 119 as 35.2, & 110 as 34. I'm using EA and the signals are all around 50 (depending on tp). If you are only loosing signal a couple of times a month it probably isn't a signal strength issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts