SEC Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not too sure about that Jimbo.

They are taking over ESPNU headquarters in Charlotte.
Listening to the presser it will be much bigger than Longhorn and PAC 12 network. Both affilates of ESPN.
How they market it remains to be seen.

I expect them to be just as big as the Big Ten network ...
IF they are taking over ESPNU's headquarters, what is happening to ESPNU ?

You right ice. D will add this channel soon. Pac 12 wanted 5 bucks for their channels per subscription .I don't know which carrier pick the pac12 up, att u verse has already sign on for the sec channel.

You right ice. D will add this channel soon. Pac 12 wanted 5 bucks for their channels per subscription .I don't know which carrier pick the pac12 up, att u verse has already sign on for the sec channel.

Why sign on now, if they don't start till 2014 ?

I expect them to be just as big as the Big Ten network ...
IF they are taking over ESPNU's headquarters, what is happening to ESPNU ?

I should had said co exsist.
From an interview I heard on local sports talk with one of ESPNU anchors, Dari Nowkhah. ESPN will be sending a higher up within the next few months to oversee the project. Nowkhah job will switch to the SEC Network when it launches.

Jimbo, I agree with you about the major SEC teams being on National TV weekly, but for me seeing SC and other SEC teams will be awesome. Being in New England (for work reasons only) it will be cool to have a channel that shows my precious SEC conf weekly. :happydance:

i wish all the major conferences would follow the Big 10 networks model, including the big 12 and the Longhorn network that I cant see. Agreed that the Pac shot themselves in the foot with their method. B1G setup is perfect!

Jimbo, I agree with you about the major SEC teams being on National TV weekly, but for me seeing SC and other SEC teams will be awesome. Being in New England (for work reasons only) it will be cool to have a channel that shows my precious SEC conf weekly. :happydance:

As I mentioned earlier, it will be great for those teams that are not the ones shown Nationally.

I see the SEC Network coming, but probably not till closer to August /Oct. when the football season gets rolling.

I expect it will be set up like the Big Ten network, it's free in the conference areas and a add on for the rest of the country.

Fwiw, I don't see the big deal with the channel ... the B10 Network has been on for what 3 years, the only time I watch it for the most part is the few times that My team is forced (scheduled) to show up on it.

If your a fan of a Major SEC team, your games won't be on the SEC Network but once or twice all year (for football), what it's great for is when your a fan of a team that is NOT covered regularly on the major channels.

I wouldn't expect to see to many Bama, Fla, LSU type games on the network.

I think in the Big 10 each team is required to be on for 2 games a year.

Actually they do have a plan in place to ensure that all teams are on the network at some point each year but we will see.

Actually they do have a plan in place to ensure that all teams are on the network at some point each year but we will see.

As I said, the B10 network requires each team to play 2 games a year on the network...

You can be asured that the MAJOR games will not be included on the Network, those will be on the ESPN, CBS's of the world.

As I said, the B10 network requires each team to play 2 games a year on the network...

You can be asured that the MAJOR games will not be included on the Network, those will be on the ESPN, CBS's of the world.

The major games, you are correct. Those are already covered under pre existing contracts, and CBS gets first pick (except for one, maybe two weeks out of the year).

This will most likely cover games such as the 11:20 am kickoff that are currently shown on "SEC network" local affiliates. You will still get some of the bigger teams on them from time to time when they play lower tier teams, or in a rare instance when the weeks schedule is loaded with prime games.

I for one am looking forward to it, and my chosen provider (if possible) will have it in their line up.

The channel will not launch until just before football season NEXT YEAR (2014).

In any event DirecTV will be DEAD without it. Any person in the SEC's hard core footprint with a choice will move to the next option. Plus DirecTV has the contract with all the sports bars (BW3, etc). If people start going to a sports bar in search of games and get turned away, the sports bars WILL move on.

Hardly. Dish does just fine without any of the NYC rsns. I do agree they should and will add it by the 2014 football season.

The major games, you are correct. Those are already covered under pre existing contracts, and CBS gets first pick (except for one, maybe two weeks out of the year).

This will most likely cover games such as the 11:20 am kickoff that are currently shown on "SEC network" local affiliates. You will still get some of the bigger teams on them from time to time when they play lower tier teams, or in a rare instance when the weeks schedule is loaded with prime games.

I for one am looking forward to it, and my chosen provider (if possible) will have it in their line up.

If they do not have many number providers going into the first year I would probably think ESPN would place a big game or two on the network just to ramp up calls to their provider. I know CBS has the first choice except for one or two Saturdays. I would think ESPN could put the game on any of their networks of choice.

I am glad they are getting a channel but like others I don't like the fact that ESPN is involved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)