SEC probes Cablevision

graphiteRT said:
Getting around the decision??? Are you for real?
Yes. According to reports the SEC would not approve the spinoff. Selling RainbowDBS to Class B shareholders of Cablevision is basically a repackaged spinoff. The SEC saying no and Cablevision doing the spinoff anyways. That's the logic.
graphiteRT said:
So to get around SEC objections they just kill the company????
They threaten to kill the company. Voom is still taking orders and still completing installs. Why? Do companies that are shutting down in a month normally sign 6 month contracts with customers?

There are SERIOUS descrepancies between the SEC filings being made and the actual activities of the company. That bears investigation.
graphiteRT said:
That's some logic there, Bud.
Thanks. I try to be logical.

JL

justalurker said:
They threaten to kill the company. Voom is still taking orders and still completing installs. Why? Do companies that are shutting down in a month normally sign 6 month contracts with customers?

There are SERIOUS descrepancies between the SEC filings being made and the actual activities of the company. That bears investigation.
Thanks. I try to be logical.

JL

Did you not read yesterday's posted letter from the Class A Committee? It's clear any new orders are without the Board's blessing and this activity is also post announcement of the SEC investigation. NOWHERE in the media reports of the SEC investigation does it say they are looking into activities of late February or March.

Since Chuck Dolan is Chairman, I would assume he would have a pretty good feel for what the SEC is asking questions about. But in the face of that investigation where you claim that they object to him buying the remaining assets(creating another spinoff), Chuck is moving ahead with it anyway? Bascially head-butting the SEC?? That's what you're suggesting???

Do you know how to post links? I believe you were one so proud to be on top of SEC filings, yet you can't find one to support your interpretation of these facts and events? Can you illustrate even ONE of these SERIOUS descrepancies that you insist exist in the filings?

graphiteRT said:
Do you know how to post links? I believe you were one so proud to be on top of SEC filings, yet you can't find one to support your interpretation of these facts and events? Can you illustrate even ONE of these SERIOUS descrepancies that you insist exist in the filings?
He cannot. I would say the silence is deafening, but I'm sure JL will provide his twisted (psycho-babble) commentary; drone on endlessly without any facts and/or distorting facts to support his, or her, agenda.

On another related topic...the SEC probe of CVC will be nothing compared to the probe James may receive at the upcoming Board of Directors meeting this coming Monday. James appears to be both an instigator and trouble-maker...he has got to go!

graphiteRT said:
Did you not read yesterday's posted letter from the Class A Committee? It's clear any new orders are without the Board's blessing ...
But the call centers are still taking orders. So like it or not, the official Voom is still accepting business.

The more you rant and attack, the less I read.

JL

justalurker said:

JL

Now we know the answer on how to get the silence we all have been wanting.

justalurker said:
But the call centers are still taking orders. So like it or not, the official Voom is still accepting business.

JL

Nobody's ranting, simply asking for you for facts to back your drivel. You seem to be more interested in playing martyr.

Don't try and kid the folks about reading less. You live for the attention and you'll be reading every word.

Mod Edit

graphiteRT said:
Afraid you read that one wrong, Bruce. The SEC is investigating, among other things, the canceled spinoff. If the SEC were the ones who called if off, there wouldn't be any questions to be asked, now would there.

Delays because the proposal was not acceptable in it's current form is not the same as a disapproval of the spinoff altogether.

I agree.:D

justalurker said:

JL

Arent the call centers contracted to Cablevision? That makes it really strange.:eek:

graphiteRT said:
Nobody's ranting, simply asking for you for facts to back your drivel. You seem to be more interested in playing martyr.

Don't try and kid the folks about reading less. You live for the attention and you'll be reading every word. My guess is some rather deep rooted emotional problems behind the need to play head games. Abandoned as a child, product of divorced parents, who knows. There are social service agencies that can help, btw.

I asked Bruce for facts once and he dissapeared for two days saying his cat was ill. LMFAO:rolleyes:

vurbano said:
I asked Bruce for facts once and he dissapeared for two days saying his cat was ill. LMFAO:rolleyes:

First off, the cat died you a$$ and people have to work, second, I asked you as AVS for facts on what you said about the SEC just today, but you could not produce.

Do you work for or have friends in the SEC? Or did you just stay at a Holiday Inn last night?[/QUOTE]

That would be a Holiday Inn Select !!!! lol

justalurker said:
Sure they would. They would want to make sure that Cablevision was not just getting around the decision they made by creating a crisis where the only options would be 1) approve Voom HD LLC's purchase of the assets or 2) force the shutdown of RainbowDBS and the Voom service.
You're missing the point. The SEC investigation is not about the VOOM-HD LLC deal, instead it is about the sale of Rainbow-1 to Echostar. Probably, the SEC find suspicious that the next day that the CVC board decided to stop funding VOOM, Jim rushed to sell Rainbow-1.
BTW, as a minimum, I suspect this investigation will delay the approval of the Rainbow-1 sale

Walter L. said:
You're missing the point. The SEC investigation is not about the VOOM-HD LLC deal, instead it is about the sale of Rainbow-1 to Echostar. Probably, the SEC find suspicious that the next day that the CVC board decided to stop funding VOOM, Jim rushed to sell Rainbow-1.
BTW, as a minimum, I suspect this investigation will delay the approval of the Rainbow-1 sale

I believe the SEC investigation is related to CVC stock transactions during the past few months when the spinoff was dropped and the decision to shutdown Voom was made. In regards to the sale of the Rainbow-1 satellite and other assets to Echostar at a reduced price, I don't think there was another company that was interested in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts