Second Dish Installation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nmumark

Original poster
May 19, 2008
I've seen alot of these topics in here but couldn't find the answer to a simple question. Also i don't know all the techincal terms, but i'll do my best.

I currently have a Dish 1000.2 and am installing a spare Dish 500 for 61.5. The Dish 500 has two LNBs one says 110 the other 119, does it matter which one i connect to the LNB in on dish 1000.2?

If you have two separate LNB's on the Dish 500, remove one of them to get it out of the way. Then just hook the cable to the one left.. Make sure the dish is aligned.. If you have one big LNB(twin) on the Dish 500 I suspect you may have to replace it with a single DP LNB.. Not sure that the twin will work in this with it's internal switch..

All LNB's must be Dish Pro.. If you don't see Dish Pro on the back of the LNB it won't work either.

I used a DP Dual LNB and an I adapter from Dishstore for my Dish 500.The combination works like a charm!
DishProTwin_small.jpg

The dish 1000.2 has 4 connections. Connect the wingdish to the 1000.2 input. I believes it is labeled LNB IN on the 1000.2 lnb.

It would be better to use a DP dual for the wingdish but you can use the twin. When pointing you need to note which side you are pointing to and connect the coax to that side of the twin.

You can use either one, but the one on the left (looking from behind the dish) will necessitate you moving the azimuth 2-3 degrees left and the one on the right necessitates you moving the azimuth 2-3 degrees right of the published angle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts