Second TV from 722 fuzzy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If the TV is not "cable ready" (it would have to be more than 20 years old and not have a coax input), you MUST set your TV2 output channel to AIR and as pointed out above, a lower channel. This has been recommended more than once; have you tried it yet?

The older tuners with only twin-lead antenna inputs required that any UHF signals (those above OTA 13 or CATV 22) come in through a dedicated UHF input. It is clear that you're going to have to better familiarize yourself with the TVs features and limitations.

Does the TV require a balun (adapter) to plug a RG6 cable in?

Have you tested the new HDTV in the kitchen?

If the TV is not "cable ready" (it would have to be more than 20 years old and not have a coax input), you MUST set your TV2 output channel to AIR and as pointed out above, a lower channel. This has been recommended more than once; have you tried it yet?

The tv is cable ready, and yes it uses a coax connection. i am only saying that it has no "menu" like the newer tvs, so there is no option to switch from cable to air so therefore I cannot switch it to air. it is what it is, which is apparently cable as the air function does not work at all with this tv.

I have not tried the newer tv in the kitchen..its mounted on a wall in my bedroom and would be a real PIA to attempt. I really dont think its the tv, sure its old..but worked fine before. also, when someone suggested i connect it directly from the distribution port off of the 722, it had no fuzz.

also, when someone suggested i connect it directly from the distribution port off of the 722, it had no fuzz.
I forgot about that test and the result. Sorry.

The success of the direct connect test suggests that the problem is in the cabling, so I guess I'll leave the TV alone. I still recommend changing the channel to a much lower number (the distribution output will go as low as 21).

Next step would be to run a new cable (temporarily if necessary) from the ANT port of the DPP44 diplexer to the SDTV. This may or may not be easier than moving the TV to the diplexer.

Do you have any kind of TV antenna or cable service distributed throughout your house (do you know that there is no possibility of interference)?

Hi All,

The cable to TV2 is a home run to the outside junction. Also, if this was the issue, I would have thought I would have noticed this before when I had TV connected to a standard receiver. There was no fuzz with that setup.

What is at that outside connection? Is it a previous cable box junction that is enclosed, or is all the cabling exposed? What was the receiver you previously had connected to this tv?

The tv is cable ready, and yes it uses a coax connection. i am only saying that it has no "menu" like the newer tvs, so there is no option to switch from cable to air so therefore I cannot switch it to air. it is what it is, which is apparently cable as the air function does not work at all with this tv.

I have not tried the newer tv in the kitchen..its mounted on a wall in my bedroom and would be a real PIA to attempt. I really dont think its the tv, sure its old..but worked fine before. also, when someone suggested i connect it directly from the distribution port off of the 722, it had no fuzz.

Somewhere, either on remote or tv , there is a menu to change from cable to air.

But, alas, if you can't change it then use cable 73. It's almost the identical frequency as air 22.

still fuzzy, change connectors or use new cable...............

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)