Security warning going to this site?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
I've started getting the enclosed warning whenever I go to the satguys home page. What is it?

satwhere.png

On our main homepage there is a Stock java application on the lower right hand of the screen (this is only available to Pub members which you are Philu.)

What you are seeing is this java trying to pull its updated stock information from yahoo and your security software is asking if its ok to connect to Yahoo for that information.

WildBlue.installer said:
Why so much security just to get in this site, no money, no X Pictures, so Why?

It's not extra security to get into this site and has nothing to do with money or X-rated paranoia. Its a specific PC security warning telling that user "hey, I noticed something is about to install on your PC; is this OK with you". Depending on how lax or tight you personally have your PC set up, then you may or may not see it. Some people do not want outside party's loading stuff onto their PC without that warning; it helps them keep up with what is going on and when.

Its not even a case of it loading software, the user had SatelliteGuys set as a trusted site, however did not have that yahoo server listed as trusted.

Must be an IE thing, because I haven't had a problem in Firefox.

I run win patrol and spybot and bot ask before ANY change is made to the registry. You would be amazed how many programs try to access the net to update without letting you know in anyway. Real networks is the worst. I block 90% of them. And I am using Opera, a better version of Firefox.

I actually had yahoo.com as a trusted site. I had to add satteliteguys.us to stop the message.

I am on IE6 but we are required to set medium high security by our IT Director. Oh wait, I *AM* the IT Director :)

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts