Seeking help installing OTA with my 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vandalous

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2004
Keller, TX
Here's hoping that the experts can help me. I've tried searching the forums but can't quite find what I'm looking for.

Goal: Add OTA HD locals to my 811 setup. I'm between 50-55 miles from the towers and can get about 50-55% signal. With the amp, I'm getting 70-85% signal.

Here's my current setup:
1 - 811 connected to a Mits 65" RPTV
1 - 501 connected to a Sharp 27"
2 dishes connected to a DP34 switch

Here's what I'm stuck at...

I installed a ChannelMaster Advantage 3018 antenna, ran a cable from it to a JVI 35-SDX100 diplexer U/V ANT port while the cable from the switch runs into the SAT port. The cable plugged into the In/Out port goes into the house and then runs into a wall plate. A cable is connected to the wall-plate and goes into the "In" port of a JVI 20-AMP15 inline amplifier. From the "out" port of the amp, the cable runs to the "in/out" port of a second JVI diplexer (same model). The cable from the "U/V ANT" port goes into the ANT port of the 811 while the cable from "SAT" port goes to the appropriate port of the 811 receiver.

Here's where it gets odd...

1. It worked perfectly a couple days ago when I installed everything.
2. Today, we lost the signal from 119 & 148. 110 was normal. However, this was only happening on the 811. The 501 was operating normally.
3. When I bypass the diplexer and amplifier and directly connect the sat cable to the appropriate port on the 811, it sees all of the satellites.

To me, it appears that either my diplexer, amp, or cabling among those parts is bad. Can someone confirm that this is the case?

Did I install everything correctly?

Any help here would be appreciated. I'm trying to get all setup for football and am quite frustrated.

Thanks!

The 811 has a "sat" input and a "Ant" input. Run the cables to that and drop the JVC unit. Also do a Check Switch to restore the 811 seeing the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts