This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

self install cabin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
I am thinking of switching from dish network to direct, As I have a cabin about 100 miles away from my home which I use for fishing in summer and hunting in the fall and snow mobliling in winter, in addition to my dealer installed dish on my home, I put my own dish on my cabin so I can take my receiver there when I use the cabin. If I sign with Direct would I be able to do that also, and if so where will I find the info where I can purchase the right dish(s) and what satellite(s) I need to aim at.

yes you can do that. BUt it depends on a couple things

What local market are you in? You say Central Wisconsin which could be Eau Claire or Wausau market (or other) . If Wausau that is a MPEG4 market...what does that mean to you? You dont get any SD receivers. Any receivers you get will be HD.
edit: looks like both markets are MPEG4 only..

So at the cabin if you dont want locals or HD any old Directv dish will work
Otherwise you would need a slimline 3 LNB (that gets 99/101/103) or a 5 LNB (that gets 110/119 along with the other 3). You can buy slimline dishes on ebay or solidsignal (as example)

Jerry,

You might want to check with D*. They may provde the cabin dish as part of mover's connection. They did that for me at no charge. The only difference might be that I was an existing customer, not a new one. But, it's worth checking out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.