Self Install for HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

digitalgm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2004
All, I have read a bunch of threads here and followed numerous links but I am really looking for a definitive answer as to whether I can self install a triple LNB dish and align it myself to get all of the normal channels and HD. I already have an account just not dish at the new place. Any links would be very helpful and I have already checked out DirecTv's info online.

Please help!

AdamR

You can install your own dish...I did. Do you have a HD receiver? Last weekend I upgraded my receiver (old E86 died) to the new H20 and use my 3LNB dish & my OTA antenna. Picture looks great and had zero problems. When the new dish is available in my area, I will install that myself also.
Go for it!! ;)

thanks for the reply. I will be installing an HD box but I have not purchased it yet. Are there any links or tips you can give me to help me install a multi satellite dish with hd.

It is easier than the guide in the box even shows it.

#1 Buy a decent heading compass as my attached photo shows. $12

#2 Make 1000% sure your mast/mount post is plumb/level all around. DO NOT use wood. As water, ice & sun hit it over time it will warp throwing off your signal.

#3 Find your zip specific dish settings, azimuth, elevation and skew.

#4 Set the skew and leave it alone.

#5 If your mast is perfect, you should be able to set the elevation and leave it.

#6 Loosely set the dish on the mast and use the compass to align the azimuth; you can eyeball and "bump it" to get your signal readings. Wait a few seconds (10) between each bump.

#7 Look for 93+ (get your highest reading) and snug it down.

This is just a VERY BASIC how to, you will find it real easy to do and can always come back for more details if you need them. Heck I bet I even forgot something here it has become so 2nd nature.

Attachments

• compass.jpg
    compass.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 133
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)