Self install?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

4d3fect

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
central Cali
Just had our roof redone, and need the dish remounted. Last time I did it myself, started looking around and don't see any self install kits or info, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Everything's still connected, just need to remount/aim/align.

Just finished with a CSR chat which was uncharacteristically unhelpful.

Any advice or enlightenment you care to share will be welcome.

Thanks for looking.

I would Contact DIRT for a tech visit.. You will probably need to get the protection plan ( the terms of which I've lost track of. I'm sure someone here will fill in my blanks

I would Contact DIRT for a tech visit.. You will probably need to get the protection plan ( the terms of which I've lost track of. I'm sure someone here will fill in my blanks
Thanks, KAB. First thing I'm looking into, I think our situation would be $95 or so just to come out and evaluate.

Not if you get the protection plan for $8 per month, they'll reduce that to $15 I think. You can look it up on Dish's website.

Not if you get the protection plan for $8 per month, they'll reduce that to $15 I think. You can look it up on Dish's website.
How many months at $8.00 without a $25.00 penalty? 6? So if my recollections and math are correct, he would save $22 with the PP??

And 4defect, they will realign your dish, not "evaluate", whichever option you choose.

Generally when a roofing company removes the dish they just remove the lags from the base and do not remove the dish from the mast. If this is the case just reattach the base to roof with the new or used lag screws parallel to the side of the roof and perpendicular to the ridge. (think that is the right terminology:D)

Just did a Slimline for a friend that way with no issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts