Self installation or Professional?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjousuf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
I will be moving to a new house soon. I currently have a 508, a 311 and an old 1000 recevier. The new house already has the 2 dishes that i need(61.5 and 119, 110 dish500) and there is a cable run to the rooms. I got a hdtv now and was wondering if it will cheaper to replace the 1000 with 622 as an existing customer or let my brother sign up(he has diff last name) as a whole new customer and get all new recievers including a 622 too for the new house move? Also since all the dishes and wires are ready to go can i just tell them i will do the self install and will dish send me the recivers and dishes to do them or new customers has to do a professional installation? I can later sell the dishes and maybe get some money back :)...
thanks

I have heard of 622 working on legacy equipment, but best case would be to replace lnb's with DPP lnb's so you can run just one cable to each receiver. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Last edited:
cusho demonal suckia cha sedna

I'm a dish installer,

I actually dont know what the current rates are for upgrading an existing customer to a 622 keeping the 508 and 311 with a dish mover

Or if its cheaper to have a whole new account with new rcvr all the way around..

Best thing would be to call dish and ask them first how much it would be to upgrade to a 622 while de-activating the 1000 legacy rcvr.

Do you have the DHPP? If yes this includes a free dish mover, so they would not charge you for the installation and equipment for the new house. If you have it.. have you used the dish mover already?

Sometimes depending on circumstances... it may be cheaper to have a new account in your brother's name..
18883333474 1888333dish

Not much help I'm sure.. but everything depends!

I have a 622 and a 508. The 508 is in my bedroom. I wasn't real concerned with having HD in the bedroom. If you're ok with not having HD on all TVs but want it on your main TV, then I'd keep the 508. The 508 has no DVR fee and I don't pay an "additional receiver" fee on it either. It's grandfathered out of those fees for some reason.

So I have the 622 in the living room (replaced my 625) and the 508 PVR in the bedroom. The Dish'n It Up promo will upgrade one of your receivers to the 622 for $149 up front and you get a $100 rebate by mailing in a form. Signing up for HD gets you a rebate of $10 per month for 10 months. I had the AT250 package and switched to the DVR Advantage package, added the AT250 upgrade, 2 premiums at $10 each and the HD package. I own the 508 so no lease fee on that. There *is* a lease fee on the 622 (in my situation). My total bill with these 2 receivers and the programming I just described is going to be $104.99/mo.

Not sure how much of that applies to you, but I just did all of this this past Friday so it's kinda fresh in my mind :) .... where things go stale at a much more rapid rate than they did 30 years ago. :)

A new account is the cheapest route for getting new equipment if all your gear is old. In your case I would do the mover and have the 622 replace the 1000 and 311 wich will allow you to have dvr features in a minimum of three rooms plus you wont have to pay a dvr fee on the 508 where as if you go the route of a new account then to get new dvr's you'll be paying a dvr fee for each box unless you get the everything package but really thats alot more money than most people want to spend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)