Selling a Dish Card without the Receiver its tied to?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jafoo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Hi, I have a Dish Card AA-05 that is tied to a 301 receiver. The receiver has no balance and has been deactivated. I called Dish and they said that the card will not work in another receiver, because it is connected to this one. Is there any way that I can sell the card without the receiver? Thanks alot!

Nope, and actually you can't sell the card as it belongs to Dish Network, they can call you at any time and request it back, and if you dont have it they can wack your credit card up to $125. :(

I dont lease the equipment, if thats what you mean? Hopefully they can't ask for something back that I bought off of ebay

The card is still their property.

Besides there is nothing legal someone else can do with your used card as all receivers come with cards (or have them built in)

There is fine print on the white side of the smart card, that reads "This card is the property of EchoStar Communications Corporation and must be returned upon request."

If you're gonna sell it, might as well just sell the reciever and the card. Get more money for it that way.

HokieEngineer said:
There is fine print on the white side of the smart card, that reads "This card is the property of EchoStar Communications Corporation and must be returned upon request."

If you're gonna sell it, might as well just sell the reciever and the card. Get more money for it that way.
Also you won't be doing anything wrong, besides what are you going to use a 301 for without a card? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)