Selling my 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Hi,

After my year contract with Dish ends (feb/05) and I officially own my 811 I'm planning on selling it to make room for a 921 or another HD PVR that may come along. Because for the Dish records the receiver number matchs my account, what do I need to do before selling it? Do I just call dish and tell them that I will no longer be using it and then they will delete the association of the receiver number with my account and deactivates it? So, when whoever purchases it tries to activate it, it should be OK, correct?

Thanks for any info!!
Francisco

Well, I had to tell them explicitly I was selling the receiver and to remove it from my account when I sold my 510 and 301. Otherwise, they just left inactive, but still on my account, it screwed up a deal when the guy who purchased my 301 couldn't activate it when he got it.

Francisco,

Be sure to check your contract, if it's a lease (very possible if you got an 811 for free or almost free) deal then E* owns the receiver, you don't, and they'll expect you to send it back when you cancel, or they will bill full retail.

SatinKzo said:
Well, I had to tell them explicitly I was selling the receiver and to remove it from my account when I sold my 510 and 301. Otherwise, they just left inactive, but still on my account, it screwed up a deal when the guy who purchased my 301 couldn't activate it when he got it.

thanks!

Francisco

Pepper said:
Francisco,

Be sure to check your contract, if it's a lease (very possible if you got an 811 for free or almost free) deal then E* owns the receiver, you don't, and they'll expect you to send it back when you cancel, or they will bill full retail.

Hi Pepper,

yes, I will owe it after my year is up.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts