Sending Back Lnb

$80? Wow, they have those jacked up in price.

I misread the Solid Signal page, looks like that includes the dish and mounting hardware, but still, OP could sell the whole dish, mounting hardware and LNB for $30-$40. That is if that's what he has.

If we're talking about a whole used dish antenna assembly then yes, $80 is a good deal. A dish assembly is worth a little over $100 brand new.

3HaloODST said:
I think the whole LNB thing is just Dish's way of telling you to "f**k off" for dropping their services. Kinda like the receiver return shipping fees. Either way I wouldn't even bother getting on the roof, just tell them it's on the roof and you can't safely get to it. If they really want it back (which they don't,) they can come get it. They can't just charge you $149 for not risking your life to get their LNB back. Would they rather pay your hospital bills? I think not.

Exactly.

I'm waiting for someone to get killed climbing their roof and lawsuit that will quickly follow.

Pretty dumb idea on Dish's part having people climb up onto their roof or side of their house with a ladder and risk personal injury or even death disconnecting an lnb.
If they want the lnb that badly I'd call Dish and tell them to send out an installer to remove the lnb for me. See how quickly Dish would say keep the lnb.

If you tell Dish to send someone out, they'll want to charge for a service call, and almost everyone will balk at that too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Like I said, it was no big deal. I didn't have to get on the roof. I didn't even need to reach very far. It was not any more dangerous than cleaning my gutters. I wasn't initially sure that I could get it out easily, but once on the ladder all it took was a screwdriver. Thanks all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts