Sending Signal From Dvr To 2nd Room - Diplex?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
A guy I work with wants to mirror programming from his SD DVR to another room - here is the problem. He only has one coax to each room, and cannot run anymore lines. So, is there a way that he can run the output from the DVR to his other room using only the one line? I advised him to run another line from the 75ohm output, but it is not possible. Thanks in advance!

yes there is RCA Y/R/W out on the DVR if the TV is within 25' or so and if it is further there are many wireless solutions x10 makes one, I think RCA makes one.

I wonder if he can use diplexors to do this? I am not up on DTV stuff, so am unsure. I will tell him about the sireless - THANKS! :)

Yes...split the RF out on it, run one line to the TV, another to the diplexer's VHF/UHF port. Then run the DC Pass or Satellite port to the Satellite in on the receiver and take the incoming coax to the other end of the diplexer. In the basement or attic or wherever the cables come together, add a diplexer at the other end with the one side connected to the cable, and the VHF/UHF end to the 2nd TV, and the DC Pass or Satellite port to the feed coming from the dish.

A guy I work with wants to mirror programming from his SD DVR to another room - here is the problem. He only has one coax to each room, and cannot run anymore lines. So, is there a way that he can run the output from the DVR to his other room using only the one line? I advised him to run another line from the 75ohm output, but it is not possible. Thanks in advance!
If the DVR has RCA jacks for audio/video out (it should), you could buy an inexpensive RF modulator and connect to the coax. I do it from my HD DVR to another room. Have to say though that the RF remote feature on the D* stink compared to my old E* remotes. Those things were amazing. It's always something!:cool:

You can use diplexers to backfeed the RF from the DVR onto one of the input sat lines.
You have to be very careful about recommending diplexers with modern DIRECTV equipment. While it diplexing should work for MPEG2 only equipment, MPEG4 equipment brings many diplexing complexities.

Long-term, it is probably best to go with a wireless solution like the Leap Frog or the X10 WVS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts