GEOSATpro Sending stream to TSReader ?

tekjunkie02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
n.fla
Just wondering if this could possibly be done?

How does the Micro send the recording to a USB device?
Does it send the whole transport stream?

The microHD DVR recording is a TS file containing only the PIDs defined in the transponder table for the selected service. The entire transponder MUX is not outputted to the USB for recording.

Sounds like you are wanting an ASI TS to be streamed to TSReader for DEMUX and playout.

ASI out would be a nice option.
Is there any way ,like pin headers,to catch the TTL SPI signals for an
extra daughter board?
For more infos of that board,please google: ASI-Out-v41 Datasheet-v1-0_en.pdf

ASI out would be a nice option.
Is there any way ,like pin headers,to catch the TTL SPI signals for an
extra daughter board?
For more infos of that board,please google: ASI-Out-v41 Datasheet-v1-0_en.pdf

ASI is available from the chipset. The microHD PCB was not designed for this function, but we are working on a commercial model with ASI and SGI outputs.

Thanks for the Google words! Hadn't seen this product before. Interesting package.

Would LOVE ASI output on a consumer STB, although I've never seen one with it. Very surprised to hear that the microHD's chipset supports it, that would be an excellent option (although I don't know how it could be implemented). Will wait for the commercial version ;) ...

EDIT: Brian, did you mean SDI (instead of SGI)?

Doubt that you would ever see a consumer STB with ASI out due to the extra cost for an output that would not be used by at least 99.99% of customers.

Sorry, typo'd and meant SDI.

I would drop some coin on a low cost ($300) ASI mpeg4 rack mount unit. With the surplus of low cost QAM mod popping up for under $50 it would be awesome to build a mini headend in the basement.

Darn I just stopped day dreaming. I don't think many people know about ASI and SDI and anything with it costs are super high.

Hardly know anything about what I am asking --- however, can this chipset "output" feed a buffered output connection for outboard processing? I am just remembering some old broadcast equipment that we built modules for -- A half century ago. Do not remember what brand or purpose was. Just remember building modules, and genlock (BNC connector) was one thing we had to have to make them work (Ampex, Gates, Collins, RCA ....? Long time ago!)

Of course there are many DVBS S2 cards that exceed my expectations and standards! I personally use the Prof 7301 card for S2 and 4:2:2.