Separate/split ethernet from coax connected to DishTV Joey

lvving

Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
Pittsburgh
Hello all,
I have ethernet run to every room in my house with the exception of one. That room only has a Joey connected via coax which correctly receives a DHCP ip address in my flat network verifiable by pinging it. The hopper 3 is in MOCA mode. I would like to also connect the tv to the flat network by some sort of splitter/bridge on the coax network so there would be an ethernet cable going into the tv. Wifi is not an option unfortunately. Can someone recommend the proper equipment to create an ethernet connection from the coax that is connected to the Joey so that the Joey continues to receive an ip address and Dish tv signals and the tv can also be connected to the home network, thus giving it internet access? This should theoretically allow me to install a network switch and provide ethernet access to other devices in the same room. My guess is some sort of MOCA bridge but no idea about make or models that work with DishTV. Specific equipment is very helpful.
Thanks all.

DISH Network Internet Connector (ES190149)
this will work, just add it at the location you want the internet to the tv.
i have this setup, at 1 smart tv location split off my 4k joey.

I received the DISH Network Internet Connector but I am shocked that I don't have a single RG6 patch cable anywhere that isn't in use so I haven't hooked it all up yet. I just want to be sure I am doing it correctly once the patch cable arrives though.
There is a single satellite cable (RG6) coming into the room with no ethernet at all. The RG6 is connected to the Joey which works and according to the status, the Joey is receiving an ip address in my network (streaming works through the Joey) via MOCA. So I should be able to move the RG6 to the DISH Network Internet Connector and then connect the DISH Network Internet Connector to the Joey. And then connect the ethernet cable from the DISH Network Internet Connector into the TV (or a passive switch possibly) so the TV (or additional devices) would then be in my house network? The reason I ask is it seems I am doing the opposite of the diagrams that came with the DISH Network Internet Connector.
Thanks.

I received the DISH Network Internet Connector but I am shocked that I don't have a single RG6 patch cable anywhere that isn't in use so I haven't hooked it all up yet. I just want to be sure I am doing it correctly once the patch cable arrives though.
There is a single satellite cable (RG6) coming into the room with no ethernet at all. The RG6 is connected to the Joey which works and according to the status, the Joey is receiving an ip address in my network (streaming works through the Joey) via MOCA. So I should be able to move the RG6 to the DISH Network Internet Connector and then connect the DISH Network Internet Connector to the Joey. And then connect the ethernet cable from the DISH Network Internet Connector into the TV (or a passive switch possibly) so the TV (or additional devices) would then be in my house network? The reason I ask is it seems I am doing the opposite of the diagrams that came with the DISH Network Internet Connector.
Thanks.
Yes. The HIC works as an input (as in the diagram) or an output (the way you want to use it).

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)