Separate TIVO DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Beaumont, TX
Is it possible to set things up so that as well as the H10-250 DVR that I already have, I can also hook up a separate TIVO to record and play HD material?

I want to avoid having problems with the H10 that would require me to replace that receiver and lose the HD material that I have recorded.

If so, how would I hook that up?

I also want something that will record more than the 30 hours of HD available on the H10.

Is it possible to add on anything to the H10 to increase its capacity?

I appreciate your comments and advice.

P.S. I recently had a problem with my H10, necessitating a replacement receiver. I have already asked this question in another forum, but is there a way to transfer the HD material recorded on my old H10, to my new H10 without swapping the hard drives?

I had thought of hooking the output of the old receiver to the input of the new receiver (so the new receiver 'thinks' it is getting a satellite signal), play the HD material on the old receiver, and use the 'record this episode' option on the new receiver. Do you think that this might work? (I am still awaiting receipt of the new H10.)

The Series3 hasn't even been officially announced yet. When, and if, it is, it will not come out until "the second half of 2006" at the earliest.

H

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)