Serious problem with 722k

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
Hi. I recently bought a new Vizio tv. I came home, hooked it up with a HDMI cable cut it on and all of a sudden my remote died. I called Dish tech support and they walked me through some steps and nothing worked. We even swapped remotes with other boxes and everything worked except on the 722k with the new Vizio. My daughters bedroom (secondary address) works fine, but not the primary. 3 hours before all this everything was working perfectly. I keep feeling like It's not the receiver but Dish Tech Support is sending me a replacement anyway. It acts like the receiver is not accepting any signals from the remote.

Does anyone have a fix or any suggestions for me to try. Please help. I hate to lose all my timers and really hate having to push buttons on the unit to change channels. Thanks.

Its a known problem that LCD TVs interfer with IR remotes. especialy with dish receivers. you could replace the dish IR remote with a uhf remote for TV1 that would be best. Ive noticed with my vizio that after about 10 minutes or so it quits causing interference (maybe yours will do the same). A new receiver wont help, send it back and get the uhf remote.

Dish is idiots. If they send you a new unit, you'll have the same problems. The other posts are correct. It has to do with power saving that's built into most TV's these days. ...You got a Vizio with the 'even more efficient' energy efficiency too didn't you? Our neighbor has same issue bad with her Vizio and I do to with my Sharp too. The best you can do is turn off the power saving on the TV if you can. Move the receiver as far away from the TV as possible... and also as far in front of the TV as possible.
When it gives you trouble, try going up to the receiver and using the remote (as in, inches away) pointed at the IR receiver on the front of the 722.

The model is a Vizio E420VL. And you guys freaking rock. I separated it as much as I could and I'm starting to get a reaction from the remote when it's an inch away from the box. So, how far away is good enough you think?

Also, I can't find a power saver mode option in the menu. Does anyone know how I can disable it? Or should I take it back and get another brand?

Also, the presets are so bright. After I calibrated my Samsung's with the HDNet test pattern, I never had another problem. The factory had my backlight set to maximum. In actual, calibrated use, it is at half of it's maximum value.

So, unless you like the 'super nova' brightness, dropping your backlight down a bit should do the trick. I never had to move my receiver or anything. That alone took care of it.

My backlight adjudst option isn't even highlighted for me to adjust it. I really haven't figured out the Vizio menu yet but cant find lighting enhancement or sensor setting. What is the HD Net test pattern?

It's still showing signs of life but tv is on the floor facing oppsite wall the 722 is facing. Not working great by any means.

Google it. They show a pattern you can record. It's obviously not perfect, because you are using your eyes, but I very much enjoy the picture it helped me achieve on my TV's. They broadcast it at odd times, just find one out and record it.

Ambient light sensor is the culprit in the advance picture settings. Cut it off and everything is good as new with awesome looking HD. Man what a heart attack after bringing home a new tv. Should have been to bed hours ago. Thanks for all your help. You guys are truly awesome and saved me one hell of a headache,

Correct. No issues with tv 2 and after testing the remote on another box in the back room, tech support said the remote is fine and would not send another one out. Just a box.

So After you guys fixed my problem, I phoned tech support to tell them to cancel the order they put in to send me a new box. They said they can't cancel the order and when the box arrives, just refuse to accept it and they will ship it back to Dish. This sounds kinda fishy to me. I asked if that would put me on bad terms with Dish and they said not at all.

Did you explain the solution to the problem to Dish tech support?

Maybe they can enter that into their flow charts.

Actually yes. I told them about it and how they fixed it. Hope they entered it in their pc so they can pass it along to the next guy.

lololololol

Another solution would have been to get a replacement remote control that uses UHF. 21.0 at TV1, as you did say tv2 didn't have any issues.

Yes, the OP should see if the remote won't respond in the first 15-20 minutes the TV is powered on. If so, the OP can always wait it out or just go ahead and get the RF remote.

Had the same problem with a sony LCD TV. It would work during the day but not after the sun went down. If I aimed a flashlight at the 722K it would work. The UHF remote was the only way I could get it to work after dark. Dish sent me the UHF remote no charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts