Serious Sirius problem.

Sharpie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
For Christmas my wife bought me Sirius radio and my parents bought some of those programming cards. My parents gave me two $50 and two $30 cards to put on a one years subscription. Yesterday I finally got time to set up my Sirius account. I called Sirius and set up the account but one $50 and one $30 card didn't work. The CSR told me that the cards had not been activated correctly at the store where they were bought. One card was bought at Radio Shack the other at Best Buy. The CSR said I had to take the cards back to these places and have them rescanned and activated. I told the CSR that the receipts were gone so I have no proof that they were bought as a gift. He said it should not be a problem but I asked him what if it is a problem and they refuse to rescan and activate the cards. He flat out told me that I would be out $80! That is just flat out wrong! Now maybe the stores will activate them with no problem, I hope to find out this weekend but surely Sirius should be able to do something. Afterall, it is their damn programming cards. The CSR did say that he was putting this situation in my file for possible help later on if things don't go well.

Call the stores before hand to get a feel for how they will handle the situation. I don't know how a store doesn't activate a card correctly so they could very well not know how to fix it. Save yourself a headache and call first...

But the CSR is right, if the store won't activate it and you threw away receipts (why...), you're SOL.

Very strange that 2 seperate cards, from 2 seperate stores, don't work. are you sure you read the information to them correctly?

I read the numbers from the cards numerous times to the CSR. Also, I may be wrong about this but I believe that if you get the cards as a gift, you can NOT take them back for a refund if you don't want to sign up for Sirius. I do not have the receipts because my parents thought I had already signed up with Sirius and had no problems, so they pitched the receipts thinking everything was all good. The one good thing my parents told me, was that they were purchased with a credit card so if the cards situation isn't fixed, they will call the credit card company and dispute the charge.

The credit card company might also have a transaction number that might be able to be traced back to the sale which might help you at the store level.

As much as that problem sucks it's not Sirius's fault. You need to go to the stores and get it resolved. As some others have said if they paid with a credit card best buy can look it up.

I had this same thing happen to me a relative gave me a $100 GC for sears. I went to use it and they said it wasn't activated. I was up the creek since my relatives paid cash.

All is well with me and Sirius. It took some time, frustration and patience to get it done but all programming cards have been fixed. Best Buy experience was by far the worse because either they didn't know what to do or they were trying to dot all "I's" and cross all "T's." Radio Shack was a breeze, I went in explained the situation and they said okay and just gave me an entirely new programming card. Radio Shack took less than 5 minutes but Best Buy took 35 minutes.

Calling Sirius and using the programming cards again this time produced no drama except when they tried to stick me with a $2.00 charge for paper work. The CSR and I had a small conversation and Sirius eventually rescinded the charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts