Seriously?

Define "most"
One of the few times I would venture to say Coinmaster is correct. Most....the assumption that most Dish receivers that are "leased" as opposed to owned. Pretty much a known fact, wouldn't you say?

Here is another thing I don't get...

Most newer receivers are leased, but I see used ones all over eBay.

How can people sell them, if dish won't activate a leased receiver?
There are a lot of owned units out there of dish equipment. You can Buy and own them from many retailers.
Directv on the other hand the owned units are not as easy to come by.
So not sure why everyone thinks just because its a newer Dish receiver that it would be leased automaticly . Thats the general rule for Directv equipment,
Not Dish I can go and buy a hopper off of at least 3 websites I know of and I would own it.

I have yet found a Website where a Directv receiver can be Bought outright. Not counting HR21pro.

In Coinmaters defence, a regular 722 bought off ebay, I would have never guessed it would have been leased.

But I would have also checked first.;)

The return box had a spot for the lnb and the multiswitch.

What would they do if your disabled or elderly, and can't take that stuff down?

Find it kind of odd they want the LNB and multiswitch back.

I have NEVER seen a used lnb or multiswitch used in an install, ever.

I think that you're looking a little too deeply into matters. If one can't return the LNB or switch, then they are not expected to return it.

Just like receivers, there are tons of "used" AKA "refurbished" switches and LNBs out in the wild. How do you know that you've never seen used ones? Most of the refurbished parts are of similar quality to brand new.

Ya, I've moved in many places where the previous tenants left the Motorola/Scientific-Atlanta cable boxes there. I kindly returned them to the local office when I was going there anyway to sign up for cable internet. They waived my install fee.

You got played. They give free installation at least in NY. :eek:

Don't worry about any of that crap. Whenever I return a receiver the only thing I put in the box is the actual receiver. I do not put the remotes in since they have no idea if I had to replace them myself. I even took the remote antenna off the back of my Hopper when I returned it, ya never know if you need a replacement.

Its called refurbished equipment. And we use refurbished (used) equipment all the time.

cosmo_kramer said:
You of all people know that they don't require it... :(

If you complain they will usually waive the fee.

But do you know how many customers don't know this and they just stick it on the final bill?

It's the same thing as the $17 fee to use Dish Networks pre-paid label to return the equipment. For years dish used to cover the shipping. Now all of a sudden they changed their policy and charge customers to return the equipment, or make them pay for shipping separately through a 3rd party.

Why even have an un-returned LNB charge at all? You do a dish mover they don't require you to climb on your roof to remove it for the installer so they can use it at your new home?

Its just another few to screw customers with upon cancellation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)